Just assembled computer, not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

roodki

Beta member
I just put my computer together, and it wont turn on. I followed the directions from mysuperpc.com and the manuals. I hit the switch on the back of the power supply and it makes a high pitch sound like electricity or something, then i hit the power button on the front of the case and nothing happens.

I have an ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard with an Athlon 3200+ venice processor, a Rosewill case and 400 watt power supply.

Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, and when I flick the power supply switch, the power supply fan doesnt turn on. Think I got a faulty power supply?

It kinda sounds like a faulty power supply... but let's try not to jump to conclusions right away. Make absolutely sure everything is plugged in correctly. Also, make sure the power supply is hooked up correctly. If you need to, as I've said to many people on here, unplug the stuff that isn't necessary and see if you can get the computer to work with the bare minimum. If you can't get it working, see if you can call the company of the PSU for help. Seems that obviously something is wrong with the PSU, because the fans won't even turn on. Is there a toll free technical support line listed with something that came with the power supply?

Does sound like a PSU, what kind of PSU is that? Full PSU and system specs would help. Might not be a powerful enough PSU. Does your system make any beeps when you try turning it on? Also does your board have a little LCD screen, if so it will display a code. Which will determine the problem.

I have the same problem, only different motherboard and PSU. My PSU turns on when connected to any of the 3 computers in my house, but when connected to my new comp the motherboard just goes BUZZZZZZ and wont do anything other then that. Its a SOLTEK NF4PRO-939 20 pin connector power supply and on board so I don't see how they could be incompatable. The PSU came with my ATRIX case and is 480 watts I have a 939 AMD 64 3200+ Venice connected to the mobo.

You also might want to check out updating the BIOS for your motherboard. When I build my pc with the Asus AV8 Deluxe and a 3200+ winchester I had to update the BIOS before it would do anything. Still seems like something is funky with your PSU though.

Codeine said:
Good luck updating anything, when a system wont even turn on....

Excuse me for just saying....

I had a number of problems with my build using the same motherboard and the BIOS was one of them. Other posts reminded me I also needed to use a different power button because the leads were off. So let me think back four months and *try* to remember the sequence I had to do things in, from replacing the power button to removing the memory to updating the BIOS.... all I can say is all the while there was always a green LED lit up in the bottom right corner of the mobo, so I knew it had power... if my lowly advice can be anything maybe the guy's psu is ok if that led is on for him.

(this board comes off as awful arrogant sometimes, you know. >_>)

Have you checked to see whether the PSU has an earth cable that needs to be attached somewhere? I just got a new PSU and it had one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom