Just another little side project...

Thanks will check those out!

i think it's doing something of the same, i think the data is GMT but the plot labels are being converted to his local time.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I like this!!
Can i read into this and say at this time of year sun rise each day is approximately 5 minutes later than the day before?

I like this!!
Can i read into this and say at this time of year sun rise each day is approximately 5 minutes later than the day before?
Theoretically yes - but it's actually only around 2 minutes rather than 5, the light sensor is the least accurate part of the whole thing (just an LDR where I'm using the raw resistance value, hence the lack of a unit!) Eventually I want to get a proper lux measuring sensor such as the TSL2561 and use that which will provide a much more reliable reading.

...if anyone's interested in what I'm up to.

I should really stop procrastinating though...

If anyone knows any weather prediction algorithms beyond "if the pressure drops a bit then it might rain, if it drops a lot it's probably stormy and if the temperature is below 0 the rain will actually be snow" I'd be interested in your thoughts!

The "station" itself is a piece of veroboard with a relatively simple circuit containing a few sensors and an atmega328 (there is a humidity sensor there as well, but it seems to have failed for some reason. Another (better) one is in the post.) Sits outside my bedroom window, and sends a packet of data out to the PC every few seconds which records it and pushes the changes out to any connected web clients (no refreshes, AJAX of course, we are almost in 2013 after all.)

Why, I hear you ask? Because I can... ;)

Digital light sensor
Color and Light Sensors
The 2 at the bottom convert current to freq with an onboard circuit. The specs pdf gives lots of calibration data. For 2.99 they're a bargain.

Weather realated sensors
Temperature and Humidity Sensors
Not bad prices for these.

Digital light sensor
Color and Light Sensors
The 2 at the bottom convert current to freq with an onboard circuit. The specs pdf gives lots of calibration data. For 2.99 they're a bargain.

Weather realated sensors
Temperature and Humidity Sensors
Not bad prices for these.

Thanks for those - the temperature sensor I have appears fine, the humidity sensor is broken but I have another (DHT22) on order. I like the light sensor you've linked to though, will take a look (as long as UK shipping isn't unreasonable.)

You could google for the part number and see if you can get it locally.

I've actually gone a step further and approached the company to see if I can grab a free sample or two ;) Thanks for the suggestion though, have found a few alternatives round here.

Weather stations have always interested me. I was pricing some out and the cost is outragous for some. Might be a winter time project for me to make my own from a basic or javelin stamp setup.
Now look what you've done...

Weather stations have always interested me. I was pricing some out and the cost is outragous for some. Might be a winter time project for me to make my own from a basic or javelin stamp setup.
Now look what you've done...

My pleasure ;)

Back
Top Bottom