jury service

blackjack

Fully Optimized
Last December I got a letter in a pink envelope, at first I thought its a load of spam garbage so I went to throw it in the bin, as I did I turned the envelope over and saw the crown and crest so I decided to open it. to my shock it was a summons for me to go to court to do jury service.
Wow I was in complete shock, I had never heard of any of my friends( or anyone I know for that matter) had done it before, anyway I went in January and boy what a nerve racking emotional experience but fantastic none the less, I am not permitted to discuss the cases but it was great being sat in the court room with the judge and barristers and other jurors a truly unforgettable moment, has any other member done this as well?.

No i haven't done this before cos i am only 16 so not old enough but i do believe it can be a good experience but all depends on what kind of case you have to make your decision on

Some people never get the chance as its a lottery on selection I'm just grateful and lucky I got selected,you get to go on lots of cases and some people don't get any if there name is not called out, but the good side is if you have to travel like I did you get all your travel expenses paid as well as you work allowance, some days you turn up don't get selected then sent home a hour later on full pay and have a free day.

I know you are not allowed to discuss the case but can you tell us what kind of case it was? Like someone stole a car or someone stabbed someone with a knife?

My friends Dad had to do it and he enjoyed it, no one out of my direct family has had to do it though. I would have mixed feelings if I was called up though tbh.

ooooo, I hope the rapists homies don't pop caps in you. Jk. Sounds like a lot of fun. My mom did this a while back.

My dad had jury duty once and said it was pretty much a waste of time with the case they did. My uncle has also done jury duty, he also thought it was a waste. My mom got a letter in the mail about a week ago about jury duty.

I would love to be selected again as a few jurors I met have done before but I would have to be really lucky for that.

Back
Top Bottom