Joke of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple more.
email from my mom said:
Dear Ma and Pa,

I am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them to join up quick before all of the places are filled..

I was restless at first because you get to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m. But I am getting so I like to sleep late. Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot, and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing.

Men got to shave but it is not so bad, there's warm water. Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc.., but k ind of weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular food, but tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit by the two city boys that live on coffee. Their food, plus yours, holds you until noon when you get fed again. It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much.

We go on 'route marches,' which the platoon sergeant says are long walks to harden us. If he thinks so, it's not my place to tell him different. A 'route march' is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks.

The sergeant is like a school teacher. He nags a lot. The Captain is like the school board. Majors and colonels just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.

This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move, and it ain't shooting at you like the Higgett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges They come in boxes.

Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training. You get to wrestle with them city boys. I have to be real careful though, they break real easy. It ain't like fighting with that ole bull at home. I'm about the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over in Silver Lake .. I only beat him once.. He joined up the same time as me, but I'm only 5'6' and 130 pounds and he's 6'8' and near 300 pounds dry.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving daughter,

Alice

another from mom said:
At the end of the tax year the IRS sent an inspector to audit the books
of a synagogue.

While he was checking the books, he turned to the Rabbi and said, "I
you buy a lot of candles. What do you do with the candle drippings?"

"Good question," noted the Rabbi. "We save them up and
send them back to the candle makers, and every now and then they send
us a free box of candles"

"Oh," replied the auditor, somewhat disappointed that his unusual
question had a practical answer. But on he went, in
his obnoxious way:

"What about all these matzo (bread) purchases?
What do you do with the crumbs?"

"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi, realizing that the inspector was
trying to trap him with an unanswerable question. "We
collect them and send back to the manufacturers, and every now and then they
send a free box of matzo balls."

"I see," replied the auditor, thinking hard about how he could fluster
he know-it-all Rabbi. "Well, Rabbi," he went on, "What do you do with
all the leftover foreskins from the circumcisions you perform?"

"Here, too, we do not waste," answered the Rabbi. "What we
do is save up all the foreskins and send them to the Internal
Revenue Service, and about once a year they send us a complete ****."

One from my aunt...

My five-year old students are learning to read.

Yesterday one of them pointed at a picture in a zoo book and said, 'Look at this! It's a frickin' elephant!'

I took a deep breath, then asked...'What did you call it?'

'It's a frickin' elephant! It says so on the picture!' ;

And so it does...

AFRICAN ELEPHANT

Hooked on phonics..ain't it wonderful?

n old one but I like it.
A doctor goes out and buys the best car on the market, a brand new Ferrari GTO. It is also one of the most expensive car in the world, and it costs him $500,000. He takes it out for a spin and stops at a red light. An old man on a Moped , looking about 100 years old, pulls up next to him.
The old man looks over at the sleek shiny car and asks, "What kind of car ya got there, sonny?"
The doctor replies, "A Ferrari GTO. It cost half a million dollars!"
"That's a lot of money," says the old man. "Why does it cost so much?"
"Because this car can do up to 220 miles an hour!" states the doctor proudly.
The Moped driver asks, "Mind if I take a look inside?"
"No problem," replies the doctor.
So the old man pokes his head in the window and looks around. Then, sitting back on his Moped , the old man says, "That's a pretty nice car, all right... but I'll stick with my Moped !"
Just then the light changes, so the doctor decides to show the old man just what his car can do. He floors it, and within 30 seconds, the speedometer reads 120 mph. Suddenly, he notices a dot in his rear view mirror. It seems to be getting closer! He slows down to see what it could be and suddenly.
WHHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHH!
Something whips by him going much faster! "What on earth could be going faster than my Ferrari?" the doctor asks himself. He floors the accelerator and takes the Ferrari up to 170 mph. Then, up ahead of him, he sees that it's the old man on the Moped ! Amazed that the Moped could pass his Ferrari, he gives it more gas and passes the moped at 195 mph.
WHOOOOOOOSHHHHH!
He's feeling pretty good until he looks in his mirror and sees the old man gaining on him AGAIN!
Astounded by the speed of This old guy, he floors the gas pedal and takes the Ferrari all the way up to 220 mph.
Not ten seconds later, he sees the Moped bearing down on him again! The Ferrari is flat out, and there's nothing he can do!
Suddenly, the Moped plows into the back of his Ferrari, demolishing the rear end. The doctor stops and jumps out, and unbelievably the old man is still alive. He runs up to the mangled old man and says, "Oh my gosh! Is there anything I can do for you?"
The old man whispers, "Unhook my suspenders from your ... side view mirror."

Guys remember the rules.

I can understand some jokes. But your mama jokes may not be funny to some cause of certain aspects of the joke could be offensive to them.

As well as the racist jokes. They are not allowed. PERIOD. We dont allow it in the forums at all and this thread is still part of the forums. It must obey the rules as well.

If the trend continues, the thread will be closed. Lets keep this all in good fun.

Passengers seat themselves in a plane, ready to take to the skies and reach whatever their final destination might be. Two men, dressed in pilot outfits board the plane. They both walk with canes, and have darkly tinted sunglasses, as if they are blind. The passengers lightly chuckle, thinking that this is some sort of joke that the pilots are pulling on them.

The pilots enter their designated area, seat themselves in their designated chairs, and turn on the PA. They announce that they would be taking to the skies now, and for everyone to remain calm and enjoy their flight. Moments later the plane begins moving.

The plane keeps going and going, but the pilots have yet to lift into the air. At first, the slightly nervous passengers all chuckle, a stress-relief group event because they are fairly certain that this is still a joke. On the runway strip, they are nearing a watch-tower, and the plane still hasn't lifted. The passengers then start talking nervously amongst themselves, as most of them aren't finding this very amusing anymore, yet the plane continues drawing closer to the tower. Finally, the plane appears as if it is never going to lift and now the passengers all scream as loud as they can, for fear that they are all going to die. Immediately the plane lifts in the air, and they safely reach high altitudes. The passengers all release a sigh of relief and go about their business, still unsettled about the recent events.

The pilot then turns to the co-pilot and says, "You know Bob, one day they're going to forget to scream, and we're all going to die".

It Doesn't Bother Me

A bright young Scottish lad named Shamus had the opportunity to go to university in London. So he packed his bags and said good-bye to his mother and left the highlands for the big city.

After the first week his mother called to see how her boy was holding up. "I love it here Mother," Shamus told her, "but these English students are the oddest people ever!

Why the boy who lives in the dormitory room next to me bangs his head against the wall until midnight every night.

And the boy in the room above me stomps around until midnight every night. And the boy right below me blasts his stereo until midnight every night."

"Why don't you complain to the Dean of students?" asks his mother.

"Well, it doesn't bother me much," answers Shamus. "I'm usually up until that time quietly practicing my bagpipes anyway."

Guys remember the rules.

I can understand some jokes. But your mama jokes may not be funny to some cause of certain aspects of the joke could be offensive to them.

As well as the racist jokes. They are not allowed. PERIOD. We dont allow it in the forums at all and this thread is still part of the forums. It must obey the rules as well.

If the trend continues, the thread will be closed. Lets keep this all in good fun.

If anyone has a joke they're not sure about or may be questionable, you can PM it to me and I'll give it my yay or nay. We did this in a previous joke thread and it worked out fine. Edgy is fine but there's a fine line to cross so if you want approval go ahead and send me the joke first.

If anyone has a joke they're not sure about or may be questionable, you can PM it to me and I'll give it my yay or nay. We did this in a previous joke thread and it worked out fine. Edgy is fine but there's a fine line to cross so if you want approval go ahead and send me the joke first.

What more can anyone ask for really?
REP

Just got this email

Caution... they walk among us!

Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying: Free to good home. You want it; you take it. For three days the fridge sat there without even one person looking twice at it.

He eventually he decided people were too un-trusting of this deal. It looked too good to be true, so he changed the sign to read: Fridge for sale $50.

The next day someone stole it!

One day, I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone shouted, "Look at that dead bird!"

Someone looked up at the sky and said, "Where?"

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the north?"

When my brother explained the sun rises in the east, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff."

My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the beach. She drove down in a convertible, but didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving.

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car; it's designed to cut through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk.

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?" I had to explain a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned.

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?"

(I work with professionals like this.)

While working at a pizza parlour, I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6. He thought about it for some time before responding, "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces."

Sadly, not only do they walk among us, they also reproduce!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom