Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
Well i'm having some difficulties finding a job in the area and city I would like to work in. Currently i'm really looking for a job within the IT and/or management field within the greater Kansas City (missouri or kansas) area.

Seriously i've been looking for about two months and haven't had a single call back. Anyone have any advice? And tips of the trade or a good company that I may be overlooking?

I'm really getting frustrated at this point and i'm not sure what to do. I have a disadvantage as i'm located in a city that is 3 hours away from Kansas City, so i'm not sure if this is the reason why people are hesitant to call me back. It also makes it a bit more difficult to apply, as I have to go through online / mailing means to get my resume out. I've also found that when going into a company of decent size they USUALLY direct you towards the online application process anyways.

Any tips, words of advice, anything to raise my moral on this situation would be greatly appreciated.:(

I have my BS in Human Resources Managment, my A+, great work history, and will be MCP on December 22nd.

Never submit online applications. Call the companies front desk and ask for the HR department. Get the name of their IT recruiter and the addy of the company. MAIL OR DROP OFF a copy of your resume in a folder (with cover letter) with a C/O to the IT recruiter.

Talk to a recruiting agency in the area, submit your resume to them and ask them to go over it with you. When getting my job I used 3 recruiting agencies and they all helped me get my resume effing beautiful. DO NOT FORGET a cover letter, if you don't use one many people will dismiss you as lazy or uninformed.

Go to kinkos and print your new resume and cover letter on some nice quality paper, everybody hates generic copy paper. If I could of I would of printed mine on silk.

Call everybody you forwarded a resume to and follow up on it. Ask them if they have any quick questions (mini interview). Have a pen and some paper when you do this so you can write down things they tell you.

Follow up

Follow up

Follow up.

If you get in for an interview, call them before to confirm, call them after to say you had a great time and wanted to know if they have any additional questions. Keep yourself in their heads.

Never submit online applications. Call the companies front desk and ask for the HR department. Get the name of their IT recruiter and the addy of the company. MAIL OR DROP OFF a copy of your resume in a folder (with cover letter) with a C/O to the IT recruiter.

Talk to a recruiting agency in the area, submit your resume to them and ask them to go over it with you. When getting my job I used 3 recruiting agencies and they all helped me get my resume effing beautiful. DO NOT FORGET a cover letter, if you don't use one many people will dismiss you as lazy or uninformed.

Go to kinkos and print your new resume and cover letter on some nice quality paper, everybody hates generic copy paper. If I could of I would of printed mine on silk.

Call everybody you forwarded a resume to and follow up on it. Ask them if they have any quick questions (mini interview). Have a pen and some paper when you do this so you can write down things they tell you.

Follow up

Follow up

Follow up.

If you get in for an interview, call them before to confirm, call them after to say you had a great time and wanted to know if they have any additional questions. Keep yourself in their heads.

Good advice. A recruiter or temp agency can be your best friend.

Recruiter/temp agencies can be nice. Some of the better ones would be Robert Half or Teksystems. Some jobs they'll find you are contract, short or long term, sometimes you'll get the coveted contract-to-hire position, too.

Problem is that around about from December to January, jobs are a little hard to come by as every one is on holiday or taking a break.

However hit up the recruitment agancies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom