Job Time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Ok Well in a couple of months, I'll be able to work, so I need suggestions on good places to work that actually accepts Teenagers (15 years of age) The plan for me to use this cash for a new PC, and then move on to saving for College life (I do know there is a section for Discussion on Jobs but I'm not limiting myself to just those, I want to consider every option available)

EDIT: on a side note, my license is also been provoked, because of the new immigration law, I now need a h1b status Immigration to keep it, which I don't for another two months

If you're 15 your options are usually quite limited because there are so many child labor laws. Most places refuse to hire 14-15 yr olds just to avoid the hassle. You're pretty much looking McDonalds/BK or possibly a movie theatre. I worked at a McDonalds when I was 15 and was there for a little over a year. I remember I could only work like 16 hours per week (they wanted you well under the limit, which I think was 18hrs) and not past certain times, like 7pm I think. Not glamorous or fun but it's pretty much all that's available.

ok, ty for your reply, so I could I get like $300 in a 2 months? (thats really my main goal, I guess I should wait until next year, I turn 16 on August the 5th)

You might be able to be a bag boy at a grocery store. You might be able to work as a bus boy if you're lucky. I know the local McD's won't hire until you hit 16, but that's here. It's hard to find anyone who will give you a job at 15.

Movie theater is a good option if they have any openings.

Pretty much what jorsoft said, and if you do get hired you would get paid very little, id say about $5.75 an hour which would be about $100 a week before taxes. After taxes, about a net of $80-85.

I could use the cash right now :(

I want to get those upgrades we talked about yesterday on Xfire

Vern considered asking on building sights? When i was in school some lads used to push a barrow around at the weekend an get some money an they also learned alot of stuff.

Go to yard sales and pick things up really cheap then sell them on ebay...

If you can get a job as a bus boy... it's golden -_- they make so much more then other jobs you can get around that age grrrr I never could get jobs at that age either.. now I'm 17 and It's a bit easier.

Pretty much what jorsoft said, and if you do get hired you would get paid very little, id say about $5.75 an hour which would be about $100 a week before taxes. After taxes, about a net of $80-85.

Isn't the federal minimum wage like $6.25 or something, soon to be about $7? Each state is a little different, in MN I think the new minimum is $7.25. I remember five years ago the min. was $5.25 and I was making maybe $5.75 at McD's. Your state's minimum might be different, Vern.

Plus they don't usually give a lot of hours to you unless you're cool with the manager. So maybe like 8-10 hrs per week, maybe $100 or so. Put yourself as tax exempt when you fill out your forms and you'll only have to pay like Medicare and such. You won't be taxed as long as you keep your income under 5k/yr and that shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom