job 4 me

mr.monger

BSOD
does anyone know if i can get a job somewhere? im almost 14 and i live in alexadria,va.part time i guess. mebbe a summer job. thx

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Um, hmmm...

Check with your local department of labour. Most have programs to employ minors for summer jobs. You make a few bucks and still have the protection of the child labour act.

Techy Geek

Daemon Poster
in england i think a 14 yr old can work 4 about 7 hrs but im not sure (im 14 too, teenagers unite), you can probably get a paper round or something like that

Grickey

Baseband Member
Techy Geek said:
in england i think a 14 yr old can work 4 about 7 hrs but im not sure (im 14 too, teenagers unite), you can probably get a paper round or something like that
woah paper rounds i remember when i did them about 4 years aho like 15 pound a week i thought that was amazing, i tell you what keep on CF you learn alot even how advance you are, i sticked with my talent as a graphic artist and web designer and now earn 10 pound an hour at 16 while in full time education :D not bad for a 16 year old (around 18$) :cool:

mr.monger

BSOD
yea im gonna take some summer classes on c++ so that may end up makn me some money. would java be more useful? o well. ill see if the pc store somehwere around here will give me a job or sumtin. lots of pcs go there to get fixed so i may get some money.

Techy Geek

Daemon Poster
mr.monger said:
yea im gonna take some summer classes on c++ so that may end up makn me some money. would java be more useful? o well. ill see if the pc store somehwere around here will give me a job or sumtin. lots of pcs go there to get fixed so i may get some money.
I might do that, or help at my mums company, maybe do some website design for them, flash etc (im good at that and I really enjoy it)
Im gonna call it a night now (1:06 am over here) nighty night everyone *turns off comp for the first time in weeks* arrrgh im addicted to CF

mr.monger

BSOD
ok i found out i can do lots of jobs that i want to do when im 14 or over so im good. altho i can only work 4 a certain time during skool days and a certain time in summer brk. i need a work permit too.

NOFX

Fully Optimized
Good on you for taking some iniative, im 16 and to lazy to get of my arse and get one.

mr.monger

BSOD
yea but u got a good pc already and i really need money. wats ur allowance? mines $30 a MONTH. thats really not enough.