jerky game play on line

ukmark574

Beta member
hi . i have 1.67 ghz 768mb ram with amd proccessor i play a game called unrealtournament 2004 and i now have problem with it .. it seems to jerk all the time when in play on the net but is ok off line ... i dont have any downloads going or anything else runnig when playing plus i go to the sever with the lowest ping and it still gos very high .. ive run spybot and addware to find any thing that might slow it down but nothing .. plus im not very good with comps can anyone help me as this is bugging me thx mark

since it's happening only when playing online it's most likely ur internet connection. So yeah, what speed is it?

braodband is really needed for a game liek unreal tournament .. well really any online game needs broadband ...

Yep! Expect a high ping and a slow game if you have a crap internet connection :(

hi. i have board band connection by ntl i dont know what speed it is but the game really plays wel on it its says in the propertys 100.0 mbps is that good ??

ukmark574 said:
hi. i have board band connection by ntl i dont know what speed it is but the game really plays wel on it its says in the propertys 100.0 mbps is that good ??

what do u mean by "the game really plays wel on it"
In the 1st post u said that the game laggs and now u say it plays well on it?

And since it's broadband it should run fine. Try changing the firewall (u could just disable the one u have but I don't suggest being without a firewall) and see if it works.

no thats not the speed of the broadband line, the maxium speed that you can supposidly get now is 22mb and thats only if you live literally next door to the connection point. thats more like the speed of the line to the router/modem from your comp.

next question is do you have a router or a modem? if you have a router do you need to open any ports on it? do you have any firewalls thats blocking the connection? is this the first time youve played this game online before? is it like it with anyother games?

hi the game did play well about two weeks ago with no jerks .. ive had the game about 6 months and never had this problem before .. i have ntl modem and the package £24.99 if thats any use i have no other games i play plus some times the pages on the internet load very slowly from time to time as i said ive cheacked and run all spyware programmes plus virus scan and found one item that keeps coming back ( dso exploit ) spy bot picks it up every time it scans what is it ?? sorry i failed to mention that is that bad ??

Back
Top Bottom