JavaScript

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. Right now I am 'dabbling' with a JavaScript. If anyone knows about it please respond in answer to any questions I have both now and in the future.

Question#1. Can someone site me the examples where JavaScript is in use eg. I can start composing a 'JavaScript' in my computer's 'notepad'. Is that how it is 'always' done?

Is javasript always connected with the 'browser' someone is using?
Am I able to 'discover' what javascript is being used..say at a particular web site..when at the time it is 'hidden'?

Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
Peter

javascript is typically a client side language supported by most (if not all) web browsers. typical implementations are included in html code that a user loads from a website. Anytime time after the page is read from the webserver, javascript code can be interpreted and used to create output on the page. Examples of what JS can do is preload images and set them to rotate on a timer, display detailed info about a page, show or hide certain content on a page, send messages back and forth, etc.

you do not need to run a webserver to get started with javascript. you can create html or js files on your computer and open them in a web browser. you may want to install a code editor with syntax highlighting to make it easy to view javascript code. i use

editor PSPad - freeware HTML editor, PHP editor, XHTML, JavaScript, ASP, Perl, C, HEX editor

Advanced implementation of JS is included in AJAX. This is short for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. This is in use on Pandora and Beezid websites.

here's some more reading for ya

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Text Effects | JavaScriptSource

JavaScript Tutorial

Last edited:
Hello. If I go to the tool bar and click on 'tools'..and then scroll down to 'developers tools' a certain screen shows up. If I click on the button 'script' it will show me the javascript on the particular page I am viewing. But I am not able to alter what I am seeing in any way. Does anyone know why that is..or is not the case?

Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
SC

You would need to save the source code of the page and edit it in a text editor to be able to edit it.

However, Chrome allows "on-the-fly" editing of a webpage, albeit it won't be permanent (refresh the page on your edits are gone). You can get to it by pressing F12 (same as in most browsers).

Back
Top Bottom