Java Program

dconns1

Solid State Member
I recently wrote a java program for fantasy basketball and I was wondering if there is any programs that will run this program for me...I am well aware it can run on the command prompt but I would like to see it on another program if possible.

I was saying I want to know if there is any programs that will run java programs created on netbeans i should have said "this type of program" referring to the program I am creating on netbeans

I reiterate the 'Eh?' - Programs do not run programs. Yes programs can invoke other processes in complex systems, but in the context you're talking about (i.e. a Jar file) it is executed by the operating system's JRE (Java Runtime Environment) - which is what happens when you type java 'myprog.jar' in a command prompt, or when a .jar is 'double-clicked' in explorer, provided the appropriate hooks are setup. And even then, this does exactly the same thing behind the scenes.

In summary, there is only one way to invoke a java program on any given OS, and why would you ever want two? You'd just choose the best one and ditch the other...

I recently wrote a java program for fantasy basketball and I was wondering if there is any programs that will run this program for me...I am well aware it can run on the command prompt but I would like to see it on another program if possible.

Do you mean you want it to run without having to type it in the console? If so, you can usually just double click the .jar file. If you want it as a .exe file instead of a .jar, it may be a lot more complex. Generally java programs are distributed as .jar files.

Do you mean you want it to run without having to type it in the console? If so, you can usually just double click the .jar file. If you want it as a .exe file instead of a .jar, it may be a lot more complex. Generally java programs are distributed as .jar files.

Remember to clean and build first. Then a jar should appear under the 'dist' folder in your project.

Back
Top Bottom