Ive Received Vista - Now For the Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Hi i received Vista 32bit OEM today at 7:15am in the morning whilst i was at work, so just went and collected it. Im installing it on my first pc now but i thought i might be able to save my money on my other two pc's. So...

First of all, all 3 of my pc's run through the same router so i am unsure wether outside parties (Microsoft) would recognise this as 1pc or could tell its 3pc's through the Ip Adress.

If they could only recognise it as one pc would it be safe to install it on the other two pc's (one of which im using now) but disable updates so microsoft wont be able to check my pc when updating service pack ect ect, also will it ask me to register my pc once the installtion is complete or can i disable this feature so they cant detect me.

So simply put could i put the One Licensed Vista on 3pc's without detection from M$ ?

Or do i have to spend another £140 bying 2 more OEM editions ?

Thanks

You got 1 copy of Windows Vista for 1 Computer

Now you might be able to activate one online and then BS your way through the call center in india to get the other 2 copies activated.

At the end of the day, it's still illeagal, and you are running the risk of some one like the BSAA (or the your country's equivilant) come knocking at your door wanting to inspect your computers and whether or not you have licenses for your software.

The other thing is this. Microsoft knows a lot of the loop holes with activating Windows Xp. Do you thing that over the last few years of delevoping Vista, they would of done some thing to remove some of those loop holes.

If you really want to save money (legally), then i suggest you get a microsoft action pack subsciption.

Theirs no way I'm going to run Vista on any of my computers illegally. Especially since I'm sure M$ learned alot about piracy with XP. Getting XP activated by M$ has to of been the easiest thing ever.

But XP on the other hand, I don't think I've purchased a copy since I was in the 8th grade and I built my first computer haha. But ya, don't risk not running a legit copy of Vista, you'll probably pay the price.

TheOtis said:
Theirs no way I'm going to run Vista on any of my computers illegally. Especially since I'm sure M$ learned alot about piracy with XP. Getting XP activated by M$ has to of been the easiest thing ever.

It was so simple as you call up a the India Call Centre.

Question 1.
Call Centre :- Is this the first time you have activated this product?
Software Pirate :- No. My computer got a virus, and I need to reinstall Windows Xp as it took out my system.

Blame it all on a virus.
The second you say you are upgrading your hardware, you might get into trouble if your copy of MS Windows Xp is OEM.

Question 2.
Call Centre :- On how many other computers do you have this software installed on?
Software Pirate :- Just this one.
Call Centre :- Ok. Here is your activation key

Question 2 if you want to be a smart arse (don't try this unless you know what a MOLP or MS Action Pack Subscription is)
Call Centre :- On how many other computers do you have this software installed on?
Software Pirate :- This is the 5th computer with this license. It's part of a MOLP (or Microsoft Action Pack Subsciption) where there is 10 licenses.
Call Centre :- Ok. Here is your activation key

Microsoft's greatest flaw is that their call centre for activations is in India, and the people are you are calling to does not give 2 hoots about whether or not you are telling the truth.

vista is a performance decrease over XP, see tomshardware.com, they just benchmarked vista vs XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom