I've messed up my PC and need help

leet20

Beta member
OK....I lost all my icons and start menu from my desktop. The only way I could open anything was by ctl alt delete and utilising the Task Manager. I then decided to re-install windows xp which was going well until I logged off and logged on again now all that happens is I get a message on a blck screen saying theres a problem reading from disk. Does anyone have any idea what I have to press to get my computer working again ?

Many many thanks in advance

No.........it just say's disk error, unable to read from disk. Then it tell me to hit ctlr alt delete so start again. But before all of this happens it tells me to hit any key to boot, which when done takes me into a set up screen where I can setup xp on a partition. I tried this but nothing seems to of happened. Does that make any sense to you as it has me completely stumped.

Hi
When your computer starts press delete and u go into bios, go into advanced features which is the second one and then see wat is the primary boot device?

leet20 said:
OK....I lost all my icons and start menu from my desktop. The only way I could open anything was by ctl alt delete and utilising the Task Manager. I then decided to re-install windows xp which was going well until I logged off and logged on again now all that happens is I get a message on a blck screen saying theres a problem reading from disk. Does anyone have any idea what I have to press to get my computer working again ?

Many many thanks in advance
Sorry but you are a victim of a "package system" No previous knowledge of useing a computer.What i see is you got off to a good start and messed around too much.
Your post has a lot more splaining to do,sorry.

Back
Top Bottom