I've got it, finally. (Solution to all DRM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
omgz... dex... we aren't talking about mp3 compression. Geesh. If i could I would have posted in raw format, but that would be at least 200mb. I'm NOT uploading 400mb of raw music for retards to listen to.

I'm going to say this one last time. Audio compression is not mp3 compression... here is the difference. Yes... I'm even posting pictures (obviously i have to).

Heres an AUDIO SIGNAL compressor:

http://www.kivilcimmuzik.net/images/r17.jpg

Here is a AUDIO FILE compressor:

http://www.bulletproofsoft.com/images/cdripper/main1.jpg

@forestcupp

I am a certified engineer and I have produced, engineered, mixed and mastered albums. You dont have to explain it to me.

@forrestcupp -
Have you ever actually tried an acoustic through a compression pedal?
You're absolutely correct. I shouldn't have knocked it without actually having experienced it.

But the main thing I was pointing out, and was a reason why it seemed like you didn't know the difference between the two types of compression, was this sentence:

You have to compress the audio with a compressor, like you are talking about to get it to fit in the frequencies that a cd can handle.

Bold part specifically. That's just false.

@Crysalis - Alesis compressor.....I've heard great things about that one. Don't believe I've gotten to use it myself though. Pretty sure we dont own one at the school, but we went on a tour to avast studios and they had a couple of them and the teacher was creaming his pants over it.

@Dex - lol man, YOU GOT JIZZOWNED!!

Dexaroni[/i] [b]This is why DVD audio would work good. Absolutely ZERO compression said:
Oh, you mean like CD's? :rolleyes:

alesis 3630... $99.99

I have used one for years... works great. Doesn't have that vintage sound I like, but it works really well. I wouldn't be creamin my pants about it, but its a good cheap processor. My favorite is a Urei 1176 or a Urei LA-4

Nubius said:

But the main thing I was pointing out, and was a reason why it seemed like you didn't know the difference between the two types of compression, was this sentence:

Bold part specifically. That's just false.

I guess I didn't think that through before I wrote it. I know it doesn't have anything to do with frequencies, but rather volume.

Crysalis said:

@forestcupp

I am a certified engineer and I have produced, engineered, mixed and mastered albums. You dont have to explain it to me.

That's cool. I'm sure you could teach me a lot about technique. Actually, I wrote all of that to let Nubius know that I know more than he gave me credit for. I'm not a pro, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom