itunes question

theshadowxx

In Runtime
i just re-instaled windows vista, so i lost all my programs, and i was installing itunes, and it runs fine, its just that my keyboard has functions that allow me to stop the song, or go to the next song or change the volume, it use to be that I could be on firefox browsing, and then just hit pause, and itunes would pause the song, now it wont do that i have to actually be looking @ the itunes program. is this because before i realized that my itunes had a little icon on the bottom right, but now it doesnt. could this be the problem? is there a way to get that back?

I've had the same problem, but always. My play/pause, volume, skip, etc keys on my keyboard have never tied directly to iTunes. The volume goes to my system volume, and the others do nothing unless I'm in the iTunes window like you.

I have the same problem, but I got a Zune and the Zune software allows me to use my media buttons (on my Saitek Eclipse II) no matter what window is open (even fullscreen). Problem solved itself...

I was never able to find a solution for myself, but simple googling found this (not sure if it works, I don't have iTunes installed anymore):
http://www.everythingitunes.com/os/windows/2008-01-04/mmkeysdll/

hmmm nope, it wasnt an add-on im pretty sure its just some kind of setting on my computer, cause I never had to install any ad-on and i dont just want it for surfing while on firefox, also for like other stuff if im playing a video game, i want to be able to pause. CULEXOR YES! THANK U SO MUCH THAT LINK U SENT ME IT WORKED! ALL I HAD TO DO WAS DOWNLOAD THIS mmKeys.dll THING AND THEN PUT IT IN MY ITUNES PLUG-IN FOLDER! right now im changing songs as im typing this message :) YES YES! thank you so much!

I have the same problem, but I got a Zune and the Zune software allows me to use my media buttons (on my Saitek Eclipse II) no matter what window is open (even fullscreen). Problem solved itself...

I was never able to find a solution for myself, but simple googling found this (not sure if it works, I don't have iTunes installed anymore):
http://www.everythingitunes.com/os/windows/2008-01-04/mmkeysdll/

Thank you much, works like it should... Kudos

Back
Top Bottom