iTunes on new computer unable to find song's files

Jahzara

Baseband Member
Transferred iTunes from one computer to the next. The songs show up, but itunes cannot find any of the songs.

I believe it is due to the file path, since the user account name is different.

I have been unable to change the user name in the C drive. For some reason, it doesn't show as an option in Control Panel. I also tried changing it in my microsoft account, but to no avail.

I need to either change the user name or change the file path names of all songs to include the new user name.

Alternatively, if there is an easier way to do this to where I have my playlists transfer over, I am all up for that. I just don't want to have to remake my playlists. And as it stands now, I would have to "locate" each individual song file.

I think it has something to do with licensing, so that you can not share your purchased music with anybody else. You need to follow this guide to move your stuff
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201625
Thanks.
It turned out to be because I had files in two separate folders. I merged them just before reinstalling, but the .xml file that tells it where to locate the files, didn't know they had been merged. It could find files from folder A but not folder B. I just bit the bullet and tediously relocated all of folder B's songs. At least it wasn't 2k+ songs.

Back
Top Bottom