iTunes deserves a beating

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
I swear, one of these days I'm gonna flip out and burn the computer.

I cannot STAND the sight of iTunes anymore. Everything from their retarded syncing steps for iPhones to idiotic error messages and application discrepancies... I'm really getting a headache.

I just synced my new replacement iPhone and it said "REPLACE DATA" or "MERGE DATA" with stuff on my computer. I chose Merge...but it replaced all my contacts.

Oh well, lets try that again. Get all my contacts back, sync the phone, and select that little option that says "iTunes will replace the selected information on this iPhone with information from this computer."

Guess what happens? Not only did it ERASE all but FOUR contacts off my phone, but my computer now only has those four contacts, too. That's over 200 contacts lost.

I'm tired of reverting to older syncs.

/rant.

I Took me 10 Minutes to get ONE yes ONE Custom ringtone on it.

That's not too bad, considering other methods of getting a ring tone.

Guess what happens? Not only did it ERASE all but FOUR contacts off my phone, but my computer now only has those four contacts, too. That's over 200 contacts lost.

That's probably because you forgot to sync all your new contacts with iTunes.

Yeah, personally I'm not a fan of iTunes either. So glad my BlackBerry uses the BlackBerry Desktop Software. It does use Roxio to put media on the phone, but at least it gets the job done without any hassle.

itunes is plain shit...it installs stupid services on my pc that run in the background for no good reason...i just use VLC player :)

Not a chance. I've synced it WITH the contacts twice before the latest episode of "Where's my Contacts?!" That last option is supposed to take your Windows contacts and move them onto the iPhone; it totally erased entries on both.

itunes is plain shit...it installs stupid services on my pc that run in the background for no good reason...i just use VLC player :)

Well I dunno about the installing random services part, I only use iTunes when I use my beater Powerbook G4 Titanium at school.

That's not too bad, considering other methods of getting a ring tone.

Then how else are you meant to get a ring tone on there besides buying it? The iPhone in all honestly is a good piece of hardware,it's just the S*** Software running on it.

Back
Top Bottom