Its Bloody Noisy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remus21

Solid State Member
Greetings just joined looking for advice in regards to my hardware used

its bloody noisy and the last straw was it just rebooted all by itself. we have still to narrow down the problem why its insists in doing this. example - i use it for say an hour or 2 and a whining sounds starts, friends are suggesting ive got rubbish fans installed making 2 much noise, or even 2 many fans? cooling system may be a problem evidence being the rebooting randomly. Even air venting for it where i have it setup?

PLease advise further?

thanx :D

Fans

Aint burning out i know that it just whines like **** as if it cant come with the heat and the workload is 2 much or something

What type of hardware are you using?
Can you identify which fan specifically is noisy? (CPU fan, GPU fan, case fan).
What are the temperatures inside your case?

If you haven't already, make sure you evict the dust bunnies from the case, and make sure the fans aren't clogged with dust. If the CPU fan or GPU fan are starting to make loud noises, it could be possible that they are on their last leg.

IF you know how, open up your case and dust out everything, from the fans to the case.

Dust it out with a compressed air can, found anywhere for $5.

dusted it out and also used a air blaster both done. i even got to the point of suggesting a LCS to cut out the irritating noise. i have a Kandalf super tower with P4 3.6 1gig memory and fatality motherboard

2 200gig HD and radeon 1600

This post is very confusing, Isolate the fans until you find the noisey one. If its the cpu fan and its clean and its loud because its running at full speed even when "NOT" hot then there is something wrong with how the board controls the speed or the sensor on the fan is bad. Read your temps and fan speeds from the bios. If you slow the fan's down (use your finger on the center of the fan) and they are not the noise then unhook your hdd's one at a time to see if its them. If it isn't then unbolt the psu and remove it from the case and support it outside and boot it and see if it is the PSU.

You should get a new CPU HS/Fan. A 3.6 P4 throws off tons of heat and the stock fan has to spin at really high speeds to cool it down. So fast that it can whine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom