IT pros are lazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a service store, we have four contracted employees including myself, and two full time employees which are the senior tech rep and the manager. Average break down is as follows:

Me - service tech - mon-fri 9:30am-1pm = 17.5 hours a week
I get paid for labour though, not by the hour, if I service 20 computers one week and 50 the other week I make more money the latter week obviously

Other service tech - mon-fri 3pm-7pm = 20 hours a week, also paid based on labour

Sales coordinator - mon, wed, sat 9:30am-7pm = 28.5 works a week, paid by the day

Accountant - I have no idea, I rarely see her anyways but she's not really an employee

Those aren't even full time jobs, the sales coordinator is a subcontractor from another company as is the accountant I believe. The two full time employees work mon-sat 9:30am-7 with one day off each week (either monday or wednesday) and rack up about 46 hours per week, which is supposedly as much as management.

This is a retail outlet of course so the work load always fluctuates, half of it is just format and reinstall which is basically getting the computer to do all the work so I suppose it is somewhat of a lazy job

Hm...i've been interested In IT positions, now this helps my thinking out. haha, and no i dont think they work less, unless you are paid by labour like gaara.

SHIFT8SHIFT8SHIFT8SHIFT8 OFF. I put in a SHIFT8SHIFT8SHIFT8SHIFT8en lot of hours where I work.

I put in 40+ hours a week at my FULL time job, and 16-20 hours a week at my PART time job... I post here from my main job all day.. :D :cool:

I of course utilize my time well, and post while I am on hold, or between calls when I have nothing else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom