Issues Loggin in To This Site

I just had to reset my password again. No big but really odd.
Did you guys happen to notice the last person to sign up? the-hacker (Looks like some one did. Account disabled.)
Sounds ominous.

Dear ComputerForums Member,

As you may or may not be aware, we were hacked over the weekend of 11/25/2011. As far as we can ascertain there was not a breach of personal information but we have reset all passwords to randomly generated passwords as a precaution. We would like to keep you as a member here so we have streamlined the reseting of your password. Please follow this link to obtain your new password > http://www.computerforums.org/login.php?do=lostpw If you change your password once you return, please make it strong.
We value your membership and hope you will continue to be a part of our community.

Looking forward to seeing you soon,
The ComputerForums.org Admin and Staff

Maybe send out something like that in a bulk emailing. Besides getting everyone back you get a chance to see who has a valid email address.

Hi, to answer your questions

-They had access to the passwords, The passwords are encrypted and I believe they can be broken, The hackers also had access to reset passwords. I am unsure which one the hackers did

-Thanks for the advise setishock, I want to make sure everything is working as it should on the site before we send out a message

-InventD45 - Thanks for the new logo, I like it, will be in touch soon

Sorry to post in a somewhat-oldish thread, but it's stickied so I'm assuming it's OK. I'm not sure if this is related or not, but yesterday my iTunes account was compromised, so I started thinking about how it could have happened. I'm suspecting it may have been due to the hack at this site (as I stupidly used almost the same password there, and it wouldn't have been hard to guess the change). It definitely could have been due to other causes, but I thought I might as well post my suspicion (in case it helps anyone).

Back
Top Bottom