Issue with speed of a processor

orkdaorc

Baseband Member
I have had this pentium 4 computer for awhile now and when i look at it in my computer it says its a 2.4ghz processor but right underneath it says its running at 1.8. Is there any way to fix this? If so how? any help appreciated

Alot of newer computers come with power saving features such as ones that temporarily reduce your speed when you're CPU load is not at 100%.

But, before we go further can you please download a utility called CPU-Z from www.cpuid.org and post a screenshot of the CPU tab.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Alot of newer computers come with power saving features such as ones that temporarily reduce your speed when you're CPU load is not at 100%.

But, before we go further can you please download a utility called CPU-Z from www.cpuid.org and post a screenshot of the CPU tab.

yeah. AMD cool n quiet tech lowers cpu speed in order to keep temps cool when you don't need the processing power. i haven't really looked into intels innovations in this area, but it might be something similar to that.

yeh intels one is EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® technology) iv got it on mine, i thought i had a prob at first coz its a p4 3GHz but runs at 2.8GHz, its a gd idea coz it saves power and keeps it cool.

Back
Top Bottom