Issue with speed of a processor

orkdaorc

Baseband Member
I have had this pentium 4 computer for awhile now and when i look at it in my computer it says its a 2.4ghz processor but right underneath it says its running at 1.8. Is there any way to fix this? If so how? any help appreciated

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
Alot of newer computers come with power saving features such as ones that temporarily reduce your speed when you're CPU load is not at 100%.

But, before we go further can you please download a utility called CPU-Z from www.cpuid.org and post a screenshot of the CPU tab.

kchi55

Fully Optimized
DJ-CHRIS said:
Alot of newer computers come with power saving features such as ones that temporarily reduce your speed when you're CPU load is not at 100%.

But, before we go further can you please download a utility called CPU-Z from www.cpuid.org and post a screenshot of the CPU tab.
yeah. AMD cool n quiet tech lowers cpu speed in order to keep temps cool when you don't need the processing power. i haven't really looked into intels innovations in this area, but it might be something similar to that.

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
yeh intels one is EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® technology) iv got it on mine, i thought i had a prob at first coz its a p4 3GHz but runs at 2.8GHz, its a gd idea coz it saves power and keeps it cool.