isp riroff

justinups

In Runtime
isp rip off

is it possible for a cable company to limit your bandwidth on every site except speed test site.i have sudden link and there trying to tell me im getting what i am paying for witch is a 1 meg down and 256 k up when the max download i get is 130 kb. can someone explain to me how i am getting what i am paying for.every speed test site i go to show 1 meg but every time i go to download a file of any kind i only hit 130 kb.

but can they watch your connection and limit your bandwith to certen sites.
im not meaing to be hard but i am trying to make a point to the tech person that should be comming out on monday.

This is funny but I will answer anyway

Your getting you speed your paying for BUT not every website server has a good 1MB+ Bandwidth! You might have a great connection, but depending on the server for the website your on, your connection might be downgraded.

Download.com - Has tons of servers! But they limit there download speed so they pay less. If you want to have a download speed worth talking about, google 'Maplestory'. I know it seems like a stupid suggestion, but those servers are one of the best ones I ever have used. I downloaded the 700MB file in under 5 minutes or so DL'ing at 1.5Mbs.

So, remember, you have a great connection, but other websites don't.

this happens with ever site i go to thou.ok then i tryed Maplestory and it still only goes at 134 kb
i build computer and even on a clean install of windows xp the windows update still only goes at around 130 kb

It could be the computer if the computer isn't . . . new enough if you know what I mean. If a tech guy is coming over, ask him about it and show him it - Guy from your ISP? - and he should help.

but this happends to every computer i use the internet on and i had a few friends bring there laptops over (4 differnt ones 2 with vista) and a profile pc with a giabyte ethernet.all max at 130 kb i know its juat a torrent but even they max at 130 kb.anything i do with any computer or website maxes out at 130 kb and videos load slow.

Um... I hate to sound condescending, but most sites rate your bandwitch in Kilobits, and your dl/ul speed is measured in kilobytes (by the computer), so are you converting?

but im not able to dl at 1 meg like suddenlink advertised and y do the speed test sites show in one meg.and i have a friend that has sbc hes pays for 2.5 meg and only get around 300 kb.if you pay for 1 meg your should get at lest close to it.

Back
Top Bottom