isoHunt shutdown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
YOU DIRTY ROTTEN SOFTWARE PIRATES!!!! GET A JOB!!! BUY THE SOFTWARE INSTEAD OF STEALING IT!!!!....

Except for the few dozen pieces of software I have that are illegally downloaded... But, I don't count... I'm godlike...

Come on, what do you expect me to do? Just sit and let this speed go to waste?? :D

screenshot1copyqq8.png

Update, Jan. 21

00:22 PST - IH
Ok, we ran into more snags (mainly with network hardware) than we anticipated, but we are getting real close now. I expect we can restore services by today.

I just got access to my email on isohunt.com, and there is a staggering number of them from Paypal. I checked, and since Jan. 17, we've received about $4000 in donations. That's $1000/day. A testiment to how much you guys care about the services we provide, and especially meaningful to those of us working day and night setting up our new cluster (with hardware we have to beat into submission). Thank you.

To give you an idea of the extent of this upgrade, we spent $40,000 on hardware alone. These are hand-picked server parts we assembled ourselves. Monthly bandwidth cost extra. Kudos, your money is being put to good use.

I can not believe the number of dollars they are putting into this. :eek:

Harper said:
I can not believe the number of dollars they are putting into this. :eek:

running a tracker site or index searching service isnt cheap

lots of very expensive equipment, bandwidth, and electricity to run it

even the small doubling of energy costs over the last 3 years have literally almost put alot of them out of business

duel or quad zeon or opteron's aint cheap, $3000 or more per rig plus about 1000 watts each

with my electric service here at my apartment, I could run 2 of those and not much else unless I tapped the 220 volt line for my A/C or refridgerator

bandwidth for a full T-1 up/down here locally has risen to about $600 per month, it isnt cheap

dont know about others, but ive been geting 25 gigs a day download and 5-6 gigs a day up, been doing that for going on 2 years now, I have a terabyte plus in storage capacity and even that isnt enough really

It seems they will be up again tomorow...freaking anally tight american ISPs, they know we don't play those games here

The General,What connection do you have? +you should use the speed test in my sig, I want to see your speeds LOL

Update, Jan. 21~ Isohunt

Ok, we ran into more snags (mainly with network hardware) than we anticipated, but we are getting real close now. I expect we can restore services by today.

I just got access to my email on isohunt.com, and there is a staggering number of them from Paypal. I checked, and since Jan. 17, we've received about $4000 in donations. That's $1000/day. A testiment to how much you guys care about the services we provide, and especially meaningful to those of us working day and night setting up our new cluster (with hardware we have to beat into submission). Thank you.

To give you an idea of the extent of this upgrade, we spent $40,000 on hardware alone. These are hand-picked server parts we assembled ourselves. Monthly bandwidth cost extra. Kudos, your money is being put to good use.

Woohoo, things are looking up :D

Dude,
I only got 929 kb/s download, 366 kb/s upload, with a latency of 130 ms, talk about crappy internet service. DSL from Qwest at $32 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom