ISO Files

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I have this ISO file, what do I do with it? I have Magid disk and MagicISO.. I try to mount it but nothing happens. When I open the CD there is nothing there (I ecpect it to install)

Wow, I just noticed, the file was about 700mb, now it has a diskicon and it's only 52kbs :D

Now what did I do, lol

Does the same thing as magic disk.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was asking if this is what it's suposed to do. I mounted it and nothing came of it, just blank.

Now, as I stated, the ISO file is still an ISO file, however, it is not 700mb now, only 50kb, and it's icon is now a CD. I did something and can't undo it. I don't want to download it again lol :D any ideas?

well... you've got two choices really...

you can either burn it to a CD using a CD burner, reccomendation, nero if you want to pay, or download illegally...
CDburnerXP http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

your other option is to not burn it to a disc and just extract the files...
pay for or steal magic ISO.

if you want the free legal option then use Microsofts ISO tools.
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...d58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe

using this tool you can mount the ISO as a hard drive. and copy whatever you want from it.

Well, I have magic ISO and Magic Disk...
I tried to extract it, but it didn't work for some reason, I'll try again when I get home.

As for the problem of shinking the 700 mb to 50kb?

High light magic iso then you should get a little menu come up, select magic cd/dvd burner then go down to the empty box and click on the folder on the right, browse your files till you find the iso file then click open, select your burn speed and then select burn.

I don't want to burn it lol, I want to avoid burning. The computer I downloaded it to doesn't have a burner.. but I guess I could download it onto another computer...

sounds like your iso is screwed, you said you have magic iso? is it in the magic iso format, if this is the case there should be 2 files, a small one (roughly the size you stated) and the actual iso. Maybe you moved the larger of the files, check around on your computer.
Burning it isn't going to help, if he has an iso that is 50kb then its likely to not have anything worth burning to a disk if its suppose to be 700mb.

Alright. I will redownload it.

I'm sure the 700mb file is not on my computer anymore, I did my share of looking for it.

So after I download it I'm suposed to extract it? I'm trying to install this program on my 8125 (PDA) btw..

I've done this before with another ISO file, I just don't remember how.. doesn't seem like it was this hard the first time around.

If you cant get it to work with Magic Iso try ISO BUSTER, the iso must be made by a certain program as Ive never had any problems using it,from a file or disc

Back
Top Bottom