ISearch toolbar

BlakeMP

Solid State Member
Hey, it's me, the dunce who took four days to kill CoolWWWSearch. Around the same time I also got an ISearch toolbar on my windows browser -- I'd thought that was related, but apparently it's a different problem. Has anyone else had this and does anyone know how to get rid of it?

last time I had to get rid of a search bar I had to go to the site it came from and find an uninstaller for it. The download didn't include it.

except usually when you download those kind of uninstallers, they sneak in some adware :( . Have you tried going to add/remove programs? is it in there?

Nope, can't find it there. And a complete system scan for "Isearch" didn't yield any luck either.

well it's gotta be somewhere on your computer....try to search (and make sure you're serching all types of files and EVERYWHERE) for some keywords, like search ; search bar ; ads ; and any other keywords you think might be related....its gotta show up somewhere

you could try to download some kind of anti-spyware/adware software, but i personally dont trust them..

All righty, after doing the Sherlock Holmes thing again I finally found it -- it was hiding as "toolbar.dll." It's gone now. Thanks again, gang.

something happend to me a while back. i tried to download an mp3 and i got this toolbar and it screwed up my homepage on my internet. its called "search200.com" does anyone know how to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom