Is your rig pimped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is your opinion on that Dell 20-inch laptop?

I think its pointless. It's the size of a desktop PC, but the 8 speakers and big keyboard is a plus!

looks like a modern remake of the old compaqs, basically a system in a briefcase format, I like the idea, not sure if I like that one though

I have a laptop for college, and i like the fact that it's SMALL.

If i wanted a bulky laptop, i might as well get a rig.

i really like my dell 19" TFT. never had any problems with it.

for those who have seen a pic of my case... well... it clearly leaves alot to be desired.

i think the upper-end dell computers are a rip, (unless you get a deal through work or something) but you cant beat the dell budget systems for price, as they come with windows, monitor, peripherals etc.

[rant]

What is it with you people and calling a computer a "rig," and now it's been even further refined to "rig = tower case desktop computer" and "rig =/= laptop."

Rig is even worse than "pwn." At least "pwn" is somewhat funny at times, well, used to be. Rig just makes you sound stupid.

And why aren't mods enforcing signature sizes. I saw one with 6 user bars and 13 lines of text. Is it really necessary? Another unnecessary thing is talldude123's "Tech-Forums.net member" user bar... o rly? A Tech-Forums.net member eh? Gee, we didn't know, I mean, you aren't posting on TF or anything...

[/rant]

about the sigs and avatars, turn them off general, there is that option in the user cp, its what ive done, got sick and tired of little one line posts and 3 feet of sigs to scroll thru...........

The General said:
[rant]

What is it with you people and calling a computer a "rig," and now it's been even further refined to "rig = tower case desktop computer" and "rig =/= laptop."

Rig is even worse than "pwn." At least "pwn" is somewhat funny at times, well, used to be. Rig just makes you sound stupid.

And why aren't mods enforcing signature sizes. I saw one with 6 user bars and 13 lines of text. Is it really necessary? Another unnecessary thing is talldude123's "Tech-Forums.net member" user bar... o rly? A Tech-Forums.net member eh? Gee, we didn't know, I mean, you aren't posting on TF or anything...

[/rant]

The big rant-daddy has a point, well two infact. Rig as in oil, works, but my PC is my beige [removed] and nothing more.

As for the sig sizes that wouldn't be too much of a problem if people had more content to their posts. Which could be easily done by using full english.

EDIT

Had to get rid of that smilie, it just made me look like a self satisfied twerp. lets try, :D hmmm, maybe.

The General said:

you could say "rig" as in "set-up"
"I set-up my PC"
"I rigged up my PC"

or:
"this is my set-up"
aka "this is my rig"

and because people are naturally lazy, and rig is easier to say, rig gets used more often
The General said:
And why aren't mods enforcing signature sizes. I saw one with 6 user bars and 13 lines of text.
that signature is legal - just...
but if you do see any signatures against the rules, you can PM a supermod about it. it isn't possible for mods to know everything that's going on at once, so it may be possible that the mods don't see a signature that's too big.
The General said:
Another unnecessary thing is talldude123's "Tech-Forums.net member" user bar... o rly? A Tech-Forums.net member eh? Gee, we didn't know, I mean, you aren't posting on TF or anything...
does it bother you that much?

anyway, let's get back to the topic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom