Is this type of hacking illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Brutus work for hotmail accounts?...
Even if hotmail has the lockout after I think 3, msn messenger which is associated with hotmail accounts is unlimited attempts. Just a thought

you wont get in trouble if you hack from one computer then move up to couple more and then go for the server because the last couple computers hacked will be the victims

One more question.

My method of hacking will be to go to the FTP sight and enter her user name, then have a program like Brutus enter one password after another out of a custom dictionary until it hopefully comes up with the right one.

Does that method make a difference or is this still illegal?

If it's illegal, than I will not attempt this even if my chances of getting caught are minimal. Iz a law abiding newbie computer geek ---> :)

i wouldn't really call that "hacking"

Like I said it is more or less cracking, and he is just a script kiddie, the day he writes his own brute force program or other hacking utilities then he would be a "hacker".

I wonder, didn't she select to store the password on cookies? Or simply write it somewhere down. I personally use the same password everywhere, however, it is a powerful one, it consist of 8 digits (4 letters and 4 numeric digits).

was she using any of the listed clients below?

CuteFTP, WS FTP, Bullet Proof FTP, FlashFXP, FTP Explorer, FTP Voyager, LeechFTP?

If so they make a program that will recover the encrypted password stored on the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom