Is this fair?

My second ex worked a used car lot as the GM. They have different books they get the value from. Black and blue books. What the bank goes on a loan. How many miles on it. General shape it's in. Has it been wrecked. How old it is. What problems it has or had. How popular the make and model is.
There are so many variables they consider. What they offered is trade in value. Ask for an outright sale price on it.

Well, if he had the same problem like 5 times, its a lemon and they have to give him a new one. But it doesnt sound like it was that bad... Or I think if you cant use it for 2-3weeks in the first year, its also called a lemon.

The reason I don't buy a new car, I'd rather have one thats about 2 years old or so. You still lose money, but it's not such a dramatic drop.

thats why you dont buy a brand new car unless your loaded and money means nothing to you..... as soon as youve driven out the garage youve lost a few grand...

is that 16k going by kelly blue book, what a rip off.... i suppose since it needed servicing already, dropping the warranty down also.

Edit: what you don't get through a dealership , you might get a better offer going through a private sale.

Well is $16k the only quote you got? Get a second opinion.

No, 16k is the highest quote.

superman22x said:
Well, if he had the same problem like 5 times, its a lemon and they have to give him a new one. But it doesnt sound like it was that bad... Or I think if you cant use it for 2-3weeks in the first year, its also called a lemon.

Well the rubber on the door fell off. The chasis twisted near the right front wheel. They windshield cracked. And the engine was making a funny noise. Then when they fixed the rubber they closed it and it fell between the door and the panel which ruined the leather...

edit: He decided to not sell it. He was on the fence but now it's for sure. He's looking for a used truck for me now. I'm pretty happy about it. It has to be between 4-5k

No, 16k is the highest quote.

Well the rubber on the door fell off. The chasis twisted near the right front wheel. They windshield cracked. And the engine was making a funny noise. Then when they fixed the rubber they closed it and it fell between the door and the panel which ruined the leather...

edit: He decided to not sell it. He was on the fence but now it's for sure. He's looking for a used truck for me now. I'm pretty happy about it. It has to be between 4-5k

Wow, thats some bad faults, sounds very much like a lemon. Chasis dont twist without a reason.

Back
Top Bottom