Is this Correct the way I'm thinking about this.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I've been thinking about this in depth as In VPN's . I know I have a fasination with them lately and have been asking a lot about them but I've been doing a Shed load of reserch in too them and this is the map I had been given as to their functionality.

1. My Computer.
  2. My Network.
  3. My ISP.
  4. VPN Provider.
  5. WWW.
  6. VPN Provider
  7. My ISP
  8. My Network
  9. My Computer.

Thats pretty straight forward with the likes of IP Address Changes and encryption running on the line what I know is encrypted at my terminal and IP Address changed at my terminal.

But what about DATA Packets. If an ISP is going to sniff a DATA Packet to their best ability, I've read some were that a DATA packet will double in length every transmission.
So 512 becomes 1024 ect:

But how does this work in the real world. If I send a request for a Web Page to my the google servers. Ultimately it has to fetch the load from Google and be bounced around multiple systems so if a DATA Load is fetched from Google threw my VPN Provider then my ISP, back threw my network and in to my system were as the Key Headers are decrypted and the information is displayed I'm thinking originally when the request is made it self on a encrypted network their has got to be constant communication with the ISP so I was thinking this this.

My Computer. (I.P Address Changed - DATA Encrypted)

Information gets pushed out to ISP

ISP (Information gets pushed back to My Computer to confirm Packet)

My Computer (Information gets checked somehow then DATA Packet is confirmed and doubled)

VPN Provider (Changed I.P Address and Exit of DATA is channelled to say Germany)

My Computer (Information gets checked somehow then DATA Packet is confirmed and doubled

WWW (Google receives Packet and sends back confirmation and packet doubles.)

And again this in reverse.

I know their is a constant checking for the DATA Packet integrity but with this doubling every stage is this " ^^ " what I'm thinking correct.

This will operate on the lower layers of the OSI Model I'm thinking.

I'm not really sure what you're asking - packets don't grow exponentially to ridiculous sizes when encrypted, if that's what you mean. All a VPN really does is encrypt traffic from point A to point B, it sounds like you may be overcomplicating it a bit. Once your traffic leaves the VPN provider and goes to Google or wherever (assuming no split tunneling), there's no encryption taking place apart from what would normally happen if you weren't using a VPN.

The OSI layer will depend on the kind of encryption. If we're talking IPsec then that's part of TCP/IP, but something like SSL would be presentation layer.

Back
Top Bottom