Is This computer worth its price?

Sea Captain

Beta member
I am thinking of buying this computer. I gave this guy an idea of what i wanted in it, and he replied with this and a asking price.

Intel P4 3.2mghz 1mb 800 cpu
2x 512 Pc3200 DDR
Asus p4c 800- E Deluxe Motherboard
120GB HD
LG CDRW/DVD combo drive ( I am thinking about another one)
MSI FX5700LE- TD256 DDR TV out ,or
-Asus V9999 6800 GT 256 ( +275 CND )
SB live 5.1.D.D. PCI Sound card

Price- $1.578.00 Canadian ($1257.27 USD)

-Athlon 64 3200 ( minus $25 )

- Asus K8N -E Deluxe Mother Board ( Minus $60 )

These are the computers specs that include a case, the power suply( Enermax 450 w) and two fans, but i am unsure their prices. I would like to know your opinions of this computers and I would like to hear your ideas to make this better and keep the price similar.

I dunno if you are using this mainly for gaming, but if you are, then go with an AMD 64 3200 or 3400. Both are way better than the 3.2ghz p4.

yeah AMD is better for gaming. even tho intel has a better base speed, amd can process more in one clock cycle than the p4. other than that thats a pretty ok price

you probably could get better prices yourself if you built it, considering you live in canada.
P.S. I was born in canada too, eh. Edmonton, alberta lol

nice i was born in edmonton too. I was planning to use this computer for mostly gaming..duh, and play all the ne games..mainly hl2. You say building it will be cheap..i dont see how much cheaper it could be.

Well since you are using it for gaming, then DEFINITELY go with an amd 64. And about the 6800 gt, it depends what company, but the best one is prolly the BFG version which I think I saw at best buy for like $400.

i saw the 6800 Gt for like $375 USD. i forgot how to convert to canadian dollars tho :p ( i think its like about $400...or more)

Back
Top Bottom