Is this computer any good?

They aren't going to build something they would have to replace under warranty early. Your machine has no GPU and a lower powered CPU, it'll be fine without an exhaust fan.
OEM's cut corners where ever they can, It is not their (OEM's) issue if it does run hot as long as it can run hot for 1 year, after the warranty expires. I believe that OEM's will chance that over the cost of a cheap fan. The bean counters control this off the shelf game. We may have a difference of opinion on this.... but it is not in the OEM's best interest if your pc lasts too much longer than the warranty.

Last edited:
OEM's cut corners where ever they can, It is not their (OEM's) issue if it does run hot as long as it can run hot for 1 year, after the warranty expires. I believe that OEM's will chance that over the cost of a cheap fan. The bean counters control this off the shelf game. We may have a difference of opinion on this.... but it is not in the OEM's best interest if your pc lasts too much longer than the warranty.
Read it again, replace under warranty early. It's definitely not in their best interest to continuously replace machines when their goal is to save a buck. People tend to forget, I worked with HP and Dell closely for 6 years, I know their MO.
That being said, we got one dude running a 45 or 65W chip on a small heatsink with a fan next to it, and then this guy who'll barely pull 20W from the wall browsing the net on a lower powered 6 core i5. Not having a rear fan isn't going to hurt anything. If I can run an overclocked 2500k on a stock heatsink in a case with 1 80mm fan intake and a PSU for exhaust this guy will be fine.

Well, I've had this computer for a little more than 2 weeks, and it's still fine.

It should be OK?

Sorry. I just worry a lot.

Last edited:
You might be wondering, "If you heard bad things about Acer, why did you buy it?". I saw that it was considered the best budget computer on some sites (Well, the UA91 model was, but I figured that the UA92 model would be even better), and I saw that it had the Amazon's Choice label.

I could say a lot of bad things about any major company.
This is true.......
Acer and Gateway pc's way back when (circa 2001?) were notorious for bad power supplies that also killed the motherboard when it went. Then came those Dell Optiplex pc's with bad capacitors (and many other electronic things too).... We also had HP laptops around 2007? where the GPU's solder joints would crack and this ended up as a recall through a law suit, but only if you had a receipt of purchase would HP honor the replacement.

This is true.......
Acer and Gateway pc's way back when (circa 2001?) were notorious for bad power supplies that also killed the motherboard when it went. Then came those Dell Optiplex pc's with bad capacitors (and many other electronic things too).... We also had HP laptops around 2007? where the GPU's solder joints would crack and this ended up as a recall through a law suit, but only if you had a receipt of purchase would HP honor the replacement.
Compaq PCs that cooked themselves because the CPU fan would die and they had that dumb exhaust hood so it got 0 airflow. Alienware that used a bad batch of Asetek early batches and spewed fluid all over the internals. Let's move newer? NZXT shipping with riser cards that short out starting a huge fire. Cyberpower PCs shipping with early model Deepcool that would crack at the plastic tube coming out of the pump drenching internals. How about Walmart's OP machines where they hot glued the USB3 cable in :lol: Only prebuilt I've ever known to not screw up royally in some way was Voodoo PCs.

Back
Top Bottom