Is this an attempt to scam me?

Key points:

ANYTHING asking you to do business through Africa should be looked at suspiciously. Most of the scam messages I get are from Africa. Nigeria more specifically, though I have received a few from Egypt and Kenya.

I don't think anyone in this world is willing to pay someone 200 dollars more for anything, even for the item you are selling, out of generosity or "induced stress" .. Induced stress? You are selling it willingly, how would there be stress involved?

This reminds me.. Since the other day when I posted a resume on Craigslist, I receive 3 or 4 Nigerian scam emails a day, and about 2 or 3 "Google Business Kit" emails a day. No legit inquiry on my resume.

Seriously?

You two do realize that Western Union is the scammer's preferred method of payment. . .

the reason that it's a scammers preferred method is that it's not reversable.

that's why the scammers tell you that they want you to buy something from them, send money by wu.

then you send th money, they never send the item, and you can't get your money back rohan gets the money, (and it can't be taken away from him via some kind of charge back or anything like that).
then he posts the xbox to wherever the seller asks.

and adding $200
assuming that he wants this shiping to Africa it's quite heavy, especially if he's buying the acessories as well, so it's going to cost a reasonable amount to post. so $200 to include shipping, and a few extra dollars because you've had to go out of your way isn't so bad.

in this case, if he says yes, pay me by wu

they send the money,

-probably still a scam though!

they will pay you with paypal using a stolen credit card. Once paypal sees this, they will charge back.

uhhh whats his excuse when you ask him why he doesnt go buy a brand new one? rofl. with that extra 200 bucks hes got layin around xD

Back
Top Bottom