Is this a hardware error or a driver one?

HeadKicka

Beta member
So, before i get started with the problem (beware of text wall)
My system:
Amd Phenom ii 1055T (2.8GHz)
Asus R7 260x OC 2gb
8GB of ram
ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0
650Watt PSU

So, i have been experiencing this weird crash, ever since i upgraded to windows 10 and upgrading to the 260x (from a 5850). It is a BSOD but it not... blue, it is pixelated like a crashed BSOD and it is almost like a green and blue static effect, i can see the :( face behind all the mess so it MUST be a BSOD right? I can't really explain how it is, it is a REALLY messed up BSOD.

I would upload a picture but the system restarts too fast so most of the time i don't have time to take a picture, it doesn't crash under load or anyting it is completely random.

At first i thought it was a hardware problem so i bought the 260x ,its not just that, my brother who plays on his A-10 7850K alone gets the same crash too. So i was wondering if it was a driver problem? I did some research and many people have problems with their 260x crashing in a simillar way. I am no expert but if this is a common thing in AMDs cards, i might as well go with Nvidia.

Last edited:
If you suspect it's a hardware error, I would start by running hardware diagnostics on the machine. If all those pass, make sure you have the latest drivers for all of your hardware.

I have the latest drivers installed (16.8.2). I tested the ram and it passed but i don't know how to test everything else.

Back
Top Bottom