Is this a good upgrade?

Okay, sorry first time using this forum! So if I upgrade my board and ram then I can get the i3 but if I wanted to get the m.2 I would have to get the more expensive board? How different would it be if I didn't get the m.2 and stuck with the sandisk?

Okay, sorry first time using this forum! So if I upgrade my board and ram then I can get the i3 but if I wanted to get the m.2 I would have to get the more expensive board? How different would it be if I didn't get the m.2 and stuck with the sandisk?

You don't exactly need an M.2 SSD, it's just nice to have because you don't have extra cable clutter in your case. An M.2 SATA SSD like the Samsung 850 EVO M.2 for instance compared to the Sandisk will perform exactly the same to the naked eye. You just won't have the ability to grab a faster PCI-E SSD later. That bit is entirely up to you whether it's worth it or not and not really necessary. Was just a suggestion I put out there not knowing what kind of budget you're working with.

Intel Core i3-6100 Skylake Processor 3.7GHz 8.0GT/s 3MB LGA 1151 CPU, Retail m

Is that the same one you are talking about?

Well yes I know you listed them but the one you listed is I think $124 and the one I listed is only $110

Edit.

And no I believe you and believe you know what you're talking about, I'm just trying to find the cheapest price for the parts you said

Last edited:
You can't link things due to your amount of posts, so all it says is i3 6100. If you get a tray/OEM processor you will need to buy a cooler with it. What I linked comes with a cooler. There are other places that sell the same item, just make sure what you get has the cooler too or else you're adding cost for nothing.

As a note, take a look at how the i3 still stays ahead of the 8320 even when the 8320 is overclocked to 4.6Ghz. It's a great little chip. Of course, if you really can't afford it or can't justify it enough the 8320 is still good enough to game like you want with the RX 480. I'm just trying to get you in a position to where when you need more power you have the ability to upgrade easily instead of being stuck.

It says the part # is i3-6100BOX

Edit.

Also you could just copy and past the full name for it in google and the site is superbiiz

Edit.

So that means it's boxed and boxed means it comes with one right

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom