Is this a good system configuration???

superman22x said:
Get a 64bit edition of vista.

I asked about that. I didn't know what the difference was between the two. The guy at the shop said to only get the 64-bit if I had 4mb of ram or more. As well, he said I may encounter more driver compatibility problems with the 64-bit version.

What are your thoughts on his comments?

Just stick with the 32-bit version. They're having enough problems right now getting out new drivers for it.

It is pretty shit, and it limits you to RAM with 1.8V (which I see you have). If you got a better mobo you could get better RAM, but if you want to save some money its alright.

Atomic Rooster said:
Just stick with the 32-bit version. They're having enough problems right now getting out new drivers for it.

i have to agree with that, for now. According to me microsoft rep at work, the odds of you even having one half of your applications being able to use 64bit within the next three years is slim. Not sure how true that is, but right now it holds pretty true. That said, i'm still going to get the 64 when i buy (sometime in june i hope)

I have the 965 chipset and I thought after you flashed the bios you could use any voltage ram you wanted. You just need 1.8V ram to boot up and flash the bios, then after that you can any ram you want

hascet said:
I have the 965 chipset and I thought after you flashed the bios you could use any voltage ram you wanted. You just need 1.8V ram to boot up and flash the bios, then after that you can any ram you want

Hmm...this seems to be getting more complicated. Didn't know about all this 1.8V ram and flashing business. I guess I'll do more research before plonking my money down. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom