Is this a good setup to play all of the latest games??

liamspain96

Solid State Member
I will be building my first computer in the next few months and i just want to make sure it can play all of the latest FPS games at high (if not highest) settings
I mainly play games like crisis, call of duty and most of all, battlefield.

Specs are as follows:

Processor: i7-3570k

Graphics card: Msi lightning 6970

Mobo: asus p8z77v

Cpu cooling: cooler master hyper 212

Memory: 2x4gb patriot viper xtreme

Hdd: 250gb hard drive from old pc, saves money but will get a new one as soon as i can

Monitor: iiyama e2273hds (22 inch, 1080p, 2ms response, 60Hz)

Keyboard: corsair vengeance k60

Mouse: logitech g9x

Please give your opinions and mention anything i should buy to improve :)

From what i have read Battlefiled 3 needs a beast of a system to run everything on high. But if you are happy to tweak a few settings down then i can't see a problem.

And that is a very nice system. The only thing you've failed to mention (And it is basically the main part of a system) is your PSU. What make/model is it?

Just a couple of things;

1a) There is no CPU called the i7-3570K, it's either an i5-3570k or an i7 processor.

1b) If you are OCing, you're best getting an aftermarket CPU cooler

2) The graphics card (if you can spare the money) should probably be in the HD 7xxx series or the gtx 6xx series

3) The motherboard will be fine, but the you may benefit more from the Pro version.

4) Last note: don't you need an SSD, or can you not afford it at the moment?

Oops i was a bit silly didn't realize i put i7 sorry ill change it.
I am gonna overclock the cpu, it should say the cooler above and i will add the psu aswell :)
Unfortunately i don't have the cash to get the latest and greatest graphics card but the x970's are the best single gpu card from amd and I've done my research and it still should run things like battlefield fine :)

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

I have also updated the mobo :)

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Finally, i will be getting an ssd in the near future but not straight away

[UPDATE]

Specs are as follows:

Processor: i5-3570k

Graphics card: Msi lightning 6970

Mobo: asrock z77 extreme6

Cpu cooling: cooler master hyper 212

Psu: rage gt 700w 80+

Memory: 2x4gb patriot viper xtreme

Hdd: 250gb hard drive from old pc, saves money but will get a new one as soon as i can

Monitor: iiyama e2273hds (22 inch, 1080p, 2ms response, 60Hz)

Keyboard: corsair vengeance k60

Mouse: logitech g9x

[UPDATE]

I've never heard of the PSU so just be careful; if it goes, everything goes. Besides that, everything looks fine

I'd have to agree with Edsterr on the PSU. Just looked it up myself and it comes up on Overclockers site but there are no reviews on it...

Basically like i said before, it is the most important part of your system. If it goes. It a lot of the time takes something with it i.e. CPU/GPU etc if it is cheap make. The more well-known reliable ones tend to have more fail safes on them.

If you can stretch a little more on the PSU then go for something like a Corsair or Antec one.

Back
Top Bottom