is this a good psu buy?

indiancheef

Baseband Member
hey, just bought a psu - am upgrading my computer - and not knowing much about this kinda stuff, decided it is best to ask the ones that do.
bought a coolermaster 550W for ~ $60 and it fit my budget just fine. what do you guys think? http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&id=5888
the guy at fry's liked it, said it was decent. i plan on running a core 216 (and this power has 2 pci-e connections). i have 30 days to return it, so no panic in case it's not all that good.

That's a decent PSU. Cooler Master makes some good stuff.

They recommend at least 500W w/ 36A @ 12V for the GTX 260 core 216. The eXtreme Power Plus 550W is a bit light with 32A on it's dual 12V rails, but it should do OK.

its done! thanks a bunch rohan!
i returned the 550W i had and already ordered the 750W.
waiting on the mailman lol.

You may want to know Rohan23, that you are still signed on, on that site with that link. It said "Welcome Back Anirudh!", so I'm guessing you could probably still shop.

I've logged you off and posted back the link. Don't worry about the shopping cart. I added something in to test if you could still use it.

lol that is me. wow how did that happen? yeah my first name is ani.
wow that is insane, i didnt know it could do that - bad site design.
anyway, thanks a lot kage - appreciate that you didnt buy stuff off my info.
thanks a lot man.

Yeah, that certainly is a bad design. It should be stored in cookies so only the private computer can use it, and not within the link itself...

I'd report that actually

yea because couldn't they look into your account and take your credit card number? if your logged in?

well, i checked to make sure that there were no purchases except the part i bought, and there seem to be none in the "sale history" lets hope nothing happened. thanks for catching that kage. i am always a little wary on using credit cards online, but thats the way this world is headed.
and i will be reporting it too.

I couldn't see your information when I logged in. That's weird. I hope you're okay. I doubt anything would happen. We have a lot of members you can trust on this site.

Back
Top Bottom