Is this a good computer? Are there an conflicts? Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarien

Beta member
Hey everyone, I've been trying to search and look for a desktop computer and so far this is the one I've come up with off of cyberpower. Does this computer look okay? What might need changing? I'm out of date on computers and knowledge on computers for the past year or so because of military service so I need advice so that I do not accidently buy something and mess with the customization settings and then find out the hardware is conflicting or the cooling system just was not enough. Thank you very much for you time in responding to this.

CASE: CoolerMaster Cosmos Silent Gaming Tower Case w/ 420 Watts Power Supply (Original Color)
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Extra Case Cooling Fan (1 x Fan) (do i need more than 1?? or is this nor even required?)
POWER SUPPLY Upgrade: 800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready)
CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 12MB L2 Cache 64-bit
COOLING FAN : CoolIT Domino A.L.C. Advanced Liquid Cooling System for CPUs with Intuitive & Easily Accessible User Controls & Display
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus Striker II Extreme 790i Chipset SLI Mainboard Dual-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA, GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394a, & 7.1Audio
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Dominator)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512MB 16X PCI Express (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO CARD 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512MB 16X PCI Express (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)
MULTIPLE VIDEO CARD SETTINGS: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: 250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
HARD DRIVE COOLING FAN : Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (1 x System)
USB PORTABLE DRIVE: NONE
Optical Drive: Lite-On DH-401S 4X Blu-Ray Player
Optical Drive 2: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND: Creative Labs SB Audigy SE (I changed the sound card to this because I trust creative and as far as i know they produce good qaulity)
SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers (comes with it, don't need because of the bose speaker system i currently have)
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
MODEM: PCI 56K V.92 FAX MODEM W/ VOICE
KEYBOARD: PS2 MULTIMEDIA INTERNET CONTROL KEYBOARD (BLACK COLOR)
MOUSE: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse (BLACK COLOR)
Extra Thermal Display : THERMAL TEMPERATURE LCD DISPLAY WITH 3X FAN CONTROLLER (SILVER COLOR)
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: NONE
Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (SILVER COLOR)

Here is the Link to the website as well with thier options.-
GAMER INFINITY XLC

Once again thank you to anyone who spends a little time in responding to this, I truly appreciate your time.

First how much is this machine costing? Second I always prefer a more powerful single video card versus lesser powered vid cards in sli. 2 gts 250's are around $300 while you could get a single gtx 285 for around $350 or a gtx 280 for about $300.

The price starts at $1400, $1300 with a discount code I have. But with what is has in it atm its around $1600.

Any desire to build your own? for $1600 you could put together a sweet i7 system that would own that one. If not reconfigure your viedo cards to a single gtx 280 or 285. See if you could save a bit of cash by switching the q9650 to a q9550 The $50 more for the q9650 is not worth it.

Any desire to build your own? for $1600 you could put together a sweet i7 system that would own that one. If not reconfigure your viedo cards to a single gtx 280 or 285. See if you could save a bit of cash by switching the q9650 to a q9550 The $50 more for the q9650 is not worth it.

QFT. And not to get too picky, I know power supply efficiency isn't up there on the list of what matters to too many people who are building high performance rigs, but I'm pretty sure a 680W is minimum for two of those bad boys, so I'd say go for a lower to mid high quality 700W PSU with good amperage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom