Is this a decent gaming computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not overclocking then I'd say the P8P67 Deluxe is a waste of money - it's a great board (I have it), but the main advantages it has over the lower-specced models is all OC-ing (overclocking) related stuff. Look at the standard P8P67, should save you a good fifty quid.
Thanks for the advice, it reduced the price a lot! I presume you mean the Asus P8P67 EVO R3 P67 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard? There are quite a few similar ones - it's confusing!

Thanks for the advice, it reduced the price a lot! I presume you mean the Asus P8P67 EVO R3 P67 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard? There are quite a few similar ones - it's confusing!
There's a sort of hierarchy when it comes to ASUS' P8P67 boards. From high-end to low-end:

Deluxe
EVO
Pro
P8P67 (the one with no suffix)
LE

Here's the default P8P67 http://www.ebuyer.com/279423-asus-mb-p8p67-rev-3-1-intel-lga1155-atx-r3-1-90-mibg3a-g0eay00z-p8p67-r3-1. Main difference between that and the EVO is that the EVO has two ethernet ports (probably not a concern for you) and larger heatsink across various bits of the mobo (not a concern if you're not overclocking).

Case advice

I recently built a new rig, went with the haf922 (i think thats the name) its a large midtower, was hopefull it would be a good case....it turned out to be an excellent case..plenty of room, toolless mounts, great air flow, (i mean GREAT) cable management good (looks very clean with all the cables out of the way) solid construction...just my advice...im sure there are a number of good cases out there....

Re: Case advice

I recently built a new rig, went with the haf922 (i think thats the name) its a large midtower, was hopefull it would be a good case....it turned out to be an excellent case..plenty of room, toolless mounts, great air flow, (i mean GREAT) cable management good (looks very clean with all the cables out of the way) solid construction...just my advice...im sure there are a number of good cases out there....
I agree that the HAF922 would be a good choice (I have the HAF932 and while it's nice it's probably a bit too big and heavy) if the OP has it in their budget (which with cheaper mobo it probably is now).

I recently built a new rig, went with the haf922 (i think thats the name) its a large midtower, was hopefull it would be a good case....it turned out to be an excellent case..
Thanks for the advice, but it's slightly out of my price range. The case does look good though...

I would spend a little more for this memory instead of the Crucial (it has really slow latencies).

G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory Kit.. | Ebuyer.com
Thanks, updated the list :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom