Is there any way to upgrade my graphics card?

PersonWithQuestion

Beta member
My laptop's AC adapter (model is ADP-65VH B, couldn't find voltage or wattage) seems to be the main factor in getting a new graphics card. My laptop has terrible on-board graphics and an i5-2430M processor @ 2.4 GHz. I want to run Skyrim on my computer, but the on-board graphics on this piece of junk will not do. I just wish to get a graphics card, but I'm not sure if my computer can handle any graphics card because I'm wildly unsure of my power supply. I really want to avoid getting a new computer, as well, but please do tell me if that is the only viable option. If someone could tell me what to do, and how to find out everything I need to find out, that'd be extremely helpful. :confused: Thanks in advance! :)

Of my computer? Cause my computer is, I believe, a Gateway NV57H.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Also, sorry for taking so long to respond!

Oh, yes, I have the Intel Family On-board graphics. All I want to know is how to upgrade my video card to a better one without screwing my computer over to Hell, providing I even can.

Last edited:
You can't upgrade the graphics if it is a laptop usually. Desktop is a simple matter of choosing a card and making sure your motherboard has the relevant slots. Ie pcie etc

So, basically, the way the laptop comes is the way it's going to stay? Because I was planning on playing Skyrim on this laptop, but with the graphics it has it won't run it at all.

Yes unfortunately, You can try to improve it by making sure the graphics drivers are up to date and using the lowest setting on skyrim.

Laptops are not really made for games unless you pay stupid money for a high spec one with dedicated graphics.

Unlike desktops you can not also upgrade the Power supply as this will over voltage the laptop and could damage it.

I am not aware of any way to upgrade a laptops graphics apart from re soldering a new graphics chip on but that's way to complicated and expensive. if anyone know of any other way please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom