Is there any reason NOT to upgrade to 7 ?

Juan handed

In Runtime
I recently (3 months) got a new laptop that was equipped with Vista Home Basic,upgradable to Windows 7. Prior to that I ran XP.

I like the Vista.But before I go any further,should I just upgrade right away?
I don't even know how the upgrade works or what I have to do,all I know is I am entitled to it.I'm not even sure which version I am entitled to.As far as the different versions go,what is there to consider?

Is there any reason at all not to upgrade now?

I am of the mindset that if you dig an OS, then you stick with it for as long as you can realistically. When my desktop went down, I was running XP. I liked XP. In fact, the last OS I like this much was Windows 98 Special Edition. I run Vista on my laptop because it came with it.

If I were in your shoes I would go ahead and upgrade. ....and that's just because it doesn't seem that you have any special attachment to the OS you are running now. The RAM requirements seem to be about the same (1gb to run and 2gb to run smoothly) and Windows 7 is going to have clear advantages running multimedia and a slight improvement in performance with dual and quad core systems.

Personally, I am going to go back to XP when i get my quad core and see how the gaming is on it. If it is smooth (and I expect it to be), then I am running with it and bypassing Windows 7 altogether.

If you are Heavy gamer, then yeah

Overall, We hate Vista it sucks
eats too much RAM

XP is awesome with SP3 but I heard M$ was gonna cut support or something I think SP3 was the last pack

Windows 7, I am currently using. Its allright looks like vista feels like vista

Wont really matter at all. BUT its made to use dual and quad cores unlike XP

I had the best of both worlds, I dual booted my XP and Windows 7 on seperate drives. Got to say windows 7 = XP to me, I love everything about it. Very nice GUI, I love the features, there are a few things different that I want to really change but overall its definitely worth installing dude I would totally install it man.

I recently (3 months) got a new laptop that was equipped with Vista Home Basic,upgradable to Windows 7.

Is there any reason at all not to upgrade now?

I just went to the Hp site to see what I have to do.

My laptop model is listed,the product number is listed.

And, I have Vista...home basic.

Vista Home Basic is not eligible for the upgrade according to HP.

Huh? WTF? I had no idea.

I have to two HPs I purchased in August,is there a way to get this done?

Back
Top Bottom