Is The Dollar Doomed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's certainly nothing 'conspiracy' about this video. However I think pretending everything will just work out is not a positive and rational action to take. As Peter Schiff (youtube him!!, SchiffReport) said the laws of physics apply everywhere. The dollar is set to be replaced and I want to make sure I don't lose everything. =/

And the German mark to the reichmark, early 1920s, their economy having collapsed after WWI and the resulting reparations payments. There's probably plenty more I don't know of. I think the Russians changed the currency after the revolution of 1917 as well.

Not to mention all the European countries which dropped their currency for the Euro.

Edit: Just checked, the Russians changed their currency after the collapse of the USSR, it was just created in 1917.

Where did that hype about the Amero go? Was that going to be a permanent replacement or a secondary currency? I couldn't see Canada ever really hopping on that train if it was a replacement.

And the German mark to the reichmark, early 1920s, their economy having collapsed after WWI and the resulting reparations payments. There's probably plenty more I don't know of. I think the Russians changed the currency after the revolution of 1917 as well.

Not to mention all the European countries which dropped their currency for the Euro.

Edit: Just checked, the Russians changed their currency after the collapse of the USSR, it was just created in 1917.

If you're including currencies that were replaced "willingly" then: list.

james.wired said:
Where did that hype about the Amero go?
it died, thankfully. Sharing a currency with Canada would work, but when you mix in any Latin America countries the value drops like a stone-dead sparrow.

How about the Zimbabwean dollar, that was replaced as recently as April.

Yes but they also do not have most of the world economy based around them. Think about it, the USA Imports how much from other countries?

China alone we get what 80-90% of their exports or something astronomical like that. We get how much from how many other countries around the world that for the US to just up and replace its currency would throw the WORLD into a depression. As it would destroy the import/export trade business comign and gonig from the USA.

The USA is the worlds largest Importer. For us to change currency from the USD to anything else would be catastrophic to the world. It would throw everything out of whack.

As for your comment Yami, China and the EU are not Super Powers sorry. Great Powers like Oreo said, sure. But not super powers.

Doomed is most definately the wrong term. There is no way you will see the $ go anywhere. There is too much riding on it. Like i said in my first post, everyone will see it how they want to. Some people think that the Loose Change things are so far fetched that they cant be true, the same can be said of this. I am not, repeat not, trying to prove for 1 side or the other. I am just trying to state simple facts that are known by everyone but are forgotten once something like this is watched.

Is the $USD in trouble? Without a doubt. Is it doomed? No way. Can stuff be done to help it? Sure can. 35g700 made some great points about the Silver Certificate. Things like that can help. But the simple fact is, the $USD is not doomed. Far to much relies on it concerning import/export and trade that it just cant be replaced on a whim. It would be something that would require the UN as it would affect so much of the world.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the price drops in australia. Might see what 1.5Tb and 2Tb drives are going at later on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom