*.* Is not accessible "access denied"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punisha69

Beta member
Hey guys, i'm having a BIG problem, i hope there is someone that can help me.

I just removed a drive from its Mirror as it was set in raid... I see the folders in the drive, but when i try to open them it tells me that the folder is not accessible and that the access is denied. I have full admin, and i don't see why its not letting me open the folders. When i check the properties of the folders, it tells me that there is nothing in the folders, but when i check the property of the disk itself, its telling me that there is 1.4 gigs being used. I know those folders have stuff in them, cause when i use the "analyse" feature in Disk Defrag tool, it actually shows some of the files in the folders that need to be defragmented.
Anyone know how i can access these folders? I'm using NTFS and am on Windows 2000

ANY help would be MUCH appriciated
thanks you

nevermind.. thanks...i found out what to do..
if anyone ever gets this problem, check the security of the folders.. one by one, i have to add admin to it...

prior to removing a raid mirror drive ,, you should "break the mirror" and that should help to keep the permissions in place,, I think the lockout is a safeguard method so that if in real life the disc had died,,cuz it dont know that you pulled it out unless you broke da mirra.. then it would safeguard the files by not allowing anything to be written, edited, or deleted,,

so break the mirror, remove the disc, either put in a new one and restablish, or reset permissions on the drives,,

RAID!, kills bugs ded!

cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom