Is my mobo slowing my GPU ?

cabbs no way will i ever get an intel mobo, if thats what your trying to say.

Holsky, yes thats what i was thinking of doing, if Nvidia doesnt release a card better then the 295 within the next 3 months than ill just stick with my 295 and purchase another 295. If Nvidia does than ill just use the step up program from evga and get the new and better and just sli that later on. Would be cool if you could 3-way sli the GTX 295

I hear Intel motherboards are amazing for overclocking. There is no use going tri-SLI with the GTX 295. 2 of them is overkill unless your running at 2500x1600. The drivers aren't even properly designed yet. You would get worse performance than with a regular SLI setup.

I mean the actual chipset, not the whole motherboard. That Gigabyte board back there has the Intel P45 chipset, but it's made by Gigabyte.

Intel's overclocking line of motherboards aren't bad. I had a Intel BadAxe 2 975 board for a while that ran 420 FSB, but I killed it from maxxed out NB voltage lol.

I hear Intel motherboards are amazing for overclocking. There is no use going tri-SLI with the GTX 295. 2 of them is overkill unless your running at 2500x1600. The drivers aren't even properly designed yet. You would get worse performance than with a regular SLI setup.

ya the drivers have been pissing me off latley, the new 182.50 drivers are just horrible for me, just would not stop crashing in crysis. I should have tryed playing Fallout 3 while i had those new drivers to see if it was the game or the drivers but i installed the previous drivers and everything seems to be ok but still once in awhile they mess up on me :(

hmm... i only thought intel's high-end boards where good, none of their mid-end boards seem to get to many good customer reviews, but i would still rather go with an evga or gigy board.

What would be a wiser and better choice though. Lets say i wont sli, what would be better, the Gigy or the Evgy lol ?

ya the drivers have been pissing me off latley, the new 182.50 drivers are just horrible for me, just would not stop crashing in crysis. I should have tryed playing Fallout 3 while i had those new drivers to see if it was the game or the drivers but i installed the previous drivers and everything seems to be ok but still once in awhile they mess up on me :(

hmm... i only thought intel's high-end boards where good, none of their mid-end boards seem to get to many good customer reviews, but i would still rather go with an evga or gigy board.

What would be a wiser and better choice though. Lets say i wont sli, what would be better, the Gigy or the Evgy lol ?

a motherboard doesn't have to be an Intel motherboard to have an Intel chipset, Gigabyte has dozens of motherboards with Intel chipsets, even EVGA has motherboards with Intel chipsets, if you upgrade to an i7 cpu you will be running it on a X58 motherboard, which is an Intel chipset...

a motherboard doesn't have to be an Intel motherboard to have an Intel chipset, Gigabyte has dozens of motherboards with Intel chipsets, even EVGA has motherboards with Intel chipsets, if you upgrade to an i7 cpu you will be running it on a X58 motherboard, which is an Intel chipset...

ya i know that, i just got it confused and thought he was telling me to go with an intel mobo

Back
Top Bottom