Is it wrong to only like hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, it can go both ways. In your situation, listen to what YOU like. It's your opinion and nobody can change it. But, at the same token, I have my own opinion. I'm one of those people who listens to music for what it's meant to be, not what the radio makes it out to be. And yet, when you listen to certain music, sometimes you can really tell differences from one band to another. Some bands are insanely passionate about what they do, others you can tell are in it for the money. To me, I listen to music where the artist takes it seriously and passionately. To you, you listen to music you like which happens to be well known music that are hits.

That's fine. Listen to what you like. But I'm giving you my opinion as a way to see how others with opposing opinions on the matter tend to think. But if I have any advice for you, listen to other songs by the artists that you like.

I went through school always wondering about this band Pearl Jam. This one guy always wore Pearl Jam t-shirts and whatnot, and I had no idea who they were. I heard one song and I thought "meh, not bad." Now, there's not a single song by them I don't like. They rock out, they do it for the fans, they're passionate about what they do, and they're **** good at it.

That's just my opinion of why I listen to what I listen to. But, it's also my suggestion, to listen to more music by the artists you already do like. You may be very surprised. I know I sure was...

Exact same for me. Used to listen to slipknot a lot (brother got me into 'em lol)...then I started listening to some harder/heavier bands...and my interest went to all sorts of different sub-genres of metal (mostly thrash/speed/grindcore).

awsome its hard to find people with the some sort of intreast when it comes to grindcore power metal thrash metal.at the moment im listen to a band called derdian.

yea music is just what you like...personally i have rules for my music :

i have to be able to understand it (sorry death metal,grindcore,black metal..etc... fans...some of it is okay though)
and it can't be rap.......sorry about this one too...but i don't enjoy listening to the same 2-3 lines OVER AND OVER especially when every other word is either bi*** or the N word.

i have to be able to understand it (sorry death metal,grindcore,black metal..etc... fans...some of it is okay though)
and it can't be rap.......sorry about this one too...but i don't enjoy listening to the same 2-3 lines OVER AND OVER especially when every other word is either bi*** or the N word.

i understand about not likeing rap i use to like it but i just got sick listen to all the dam swear words in it,atleast every second or third word is either *&%( this or **** that.just not very inteliget.but i guse its what you like.

lol at first i was thinkign you had made a typo for **** i was liek theres nothign wrong with only likign **** lol. but as for hits its yoru own taste and dont let anyone else cotnrol that, alltho just for those of us who dont like that kind of music please dont blast it in yoru car to try and look cool. because then yo uanoy everyone else with music they dotn liek and im sure you dont like it beign doen to you, im not saying you do this either just a tip if you maybe do.

I absolutely agree. However, there's rap out there that is half decent. It doesn't matter what KIND of music it is... if I find the artist is into it and does it for the fans, I'm game for that.

Take Tupac Shakur's "Dear Mama" song... amazing. Simply amazing. It's rap, yes, but it's such a powerful song it's unreal.

Then you have songs like In Da Club by 50 cent. Does the song suck? No, I don't think so. If I were in a club, THAT'S the song I'd want to hear. If I'm at home relaxing or in the car going home from work, I'd rather hear Dear Mama.

I guess some music just has its time and place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom