Is it wrong to only like hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarrenX

In Runtime
Ok, I'm not a big music person, but I realize that all the songs I like are hits: "In da club", "Guerrilla Radio", etc. I feel kinda wierd because everyone else I know listens to whole Cd's and albums, and I listen to one hit song and switch to the next (my Zune is full of hits). Does this mean from a musical standpoint I have poor taste?

no one can have "poor taste" in music because its all opinionated

if all you like is the hits, then thats fine, as long as you like what you listen to thats all that matters.

Ever though of buying the CD that the hit song is on? You may be surprised by the rest of the tracks.

Eventually I think someone will come on and post about how people who only listen to hits are killing the music industry, don't appreciate good music, etc....

But I don't think that. I don't really care what people listen to. There nothing "wrong" about what music you like. Whatever.

Ever though of buying the CD that the hit song is on? You may be surprised by the rest of the tracks.

Agreed. I find a lot of times that I end up liking a song on the album better than the 'hit' song (I think this is mainly because the radio flogs the hit songs). But as mentioned there is nothing wrong with just liking hits. Each to their own.

If you keep listening to an album, you will start to like different songs.

I listed to Children of Bodom and before i used to like the song Needled 24/7, now it's meh, but I'm starting to like the song "Your better of dead".

I used to think slipknot was the shizz, now i listen to them rarely and there is only one song that I am starting to like, which peviously i overlooked.

If you keep listening to an album, you will start to like different songs.

I listed to Children of Bodom and before i used to like the song Needled 24/7, now it's meh, but I'm starting to like the song "Your better of dead".

I used to think slipknot was the shizz, now i listen to them rarely and there is only one song that I am starting to like, which peviously i overlooked.

some here i had 2 of slipknot albums loved em and listened to them all the time but now i never listen to them my music tast have changeed,im now more into black metal grindcore power metal etc. a bit under ground.
most people dont dont understand it unfortuntly.but every now and than i get surpriesed

some here i had 2 of slipknot albums loved em and listened to them all the time but now i never listen to them my music tast have changeed,im now more into black metal grindcore power metal etc. a bit under ground.
most people dont dont understand it unfortuntly.but every now and than i get surpriesed

Exact same for me. Used to listen to slipknot a lot (brother got me into 'em lol)...then I started listening to some harder/heavier bands...and my interest went to all sorts of different sub-genres of metal (mostly thrash/speed/grindcore).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom