Is it worth it?

Looking good so far, I'm getting 38-30 fps average on ultra in watchdogs with a minimum of 18 in high speed chases/collisions, on high settings don't seem to go below 30. I can even run Crysis 3 on very high with no drop in frames, that opening scene with the heavy rain was killing me before.

I'm surprised at the difference that small increase made. Thanks for the help folks.

Ye I'll be looking at one soon I'd say. I'd love to change me motherboard for something I can crossfire with so I'd need a much better PSU to go with it. Although I'm undecided wether two r9 270xs is a worthwhile investment but that's a thread for another day.

Depends on the price of cards in your market area. Doing 270x Crossfire would be doing 7870 Crossfire. Was good stuff back in the day, not so much now. I would honestly look more into getting yourself setup with a better Seasonic or Corsair PSU in the 600w range then watch the prices on current cards drop after new releases. Need to alleviate that CPU bottleneck before all though.

Back
Top Bottom