is it worth getting the Zalman VF900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
I went up to MSY and was about to get a 7800 GS AGP. they didn't have any in stock, and the other AGP cards weren't very good.

so instead, I bought a new motherboard (Foxconn WinFast NF4K8AB-8EKRS). it only cost AU$45.
it's a socket 754 motherboard with PCI-E (I currently have AGP) so I can now get a PCI-E video card

I'm getting a 7900 GT on Thursday when I get paid. it will cost AU$420.

the Zalman VF900 costs AU$55. I will have enough, but it will leave me with not much money if I get it (especially after getting the 7900 GT)

so my question is this: is it worth it to get a Zalman VF900?
keep in mind, I do plan on overclocking it. (I overclock anything I get my hands on)
but it will leave me with not much money.

we don't get eVGA in Australia
*edit*
these are the 7900's MSY sell:
Forsa: $420
Gigabyte: $435
Leadtek: $449
Asus: $465
MSI: $465

either way, it will still be hugely better than my current geforce 6200

yea it will be really worth it, im thinking of getting it cause this ati cooler is such a bi--- when on 100 percent fan speed. are you doing a v mod on it? or not. either way i would just get it cause its so much quieter and i like quiet pc's haha

it would be worth it yes... (I have the 700 and it dropped the temps nicely) but if your gonna be hurtin for cash what would you want to eat in front of your machine of hear your stomach goin nuts in front of a speed demon.. LOL and I do expect the answer to be the latter... :D

You don't need to worry about another Fan. My BFG is OC'd to 550/1625: Stock temp = 52 degrees OC temp = 56 degrees. No artifacts or issues at all. (BFG 7900gt OC)

I would get it. Unlike some of these guys i know how you like to OC things. A 7900GT is very OCable but you will want to OC it more. Since that is alot of money to be throwing around i say get it. I played w/ alot of Zalman Fatal1ty coolers today (CPU and GPU) as well as a couple of the VF-900s and the 900s kick arse big time. The Fatal1tys are cool but MEH. I only like the mice and thats it. Anywho, i say get it and ive known your OCing habbits for a while now. (I believe you where the one OCing the TNT2 right?? lol)

Amen to that.

My 7900 GT is heavily Overclocked and this thing cools it pretty nice.

Way Better then stock cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom