is it that easy to..?

Chrisy9001

Solid State Member
is it easy to hack wireless networks, ive just setup my own wireless network.
applied a WPA-SPK, and the built in firewall is turned on in the router.
would it be easy to hack at all?
dont want anyone in at my stuff, the WPA-SPK is rather similiar to this
XXXXXXXXX-CN
except all the X's are random numbers.
does this seem a decent enough pass to keep it secure?
cheers

Well WPA is much more secure than WEP, which is the most commonly used type of security.

You will be pretty secure :) Most of the time hackers will just use open wifi networks, as in an area like mine 75% of wireless networks are unsecured (Last year results, survey done with 40 wireless networks)

So you have nothing to worry about, unless you got the FBI or skilled hackers coming after you.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well WPA is much more secure than WEP, which is the most commonly used type of security.

You will be pretty secure :) Most of the time hackers will just use open wifi networks, as in an area like mine 75% of wireless networks are unsecured (Last year results, survey done with 40 wireless networks)

So you have nothing to worry about, unless you got the FBI or skilled hackers coming after you.

Thanks.
lol. nah not the fbi, it would be MI5, MI6 For me :p
ive heard some people say there is programs that can easily hack wi-fi networks, even secured ones, this true or alot of crapp?

Yes that is true, however most of these tools they speak of, are for the more experienced hacker... however that is not to say some script kiddie couldnt do the same if he toyed around with it untill he figured it out.

uid=[0] said:
Yes that is true, however most of these tools they speak of, are for the more experienced hacker... however that is not to say some script kiddie couldnt do the same if he toyed around with it untill he figured it out.

These tools are for WEP and not WPA, trust me :cool:

Back
Top Bottom