Is it possible to install Windows 8.1 on your computor from your android phone?

IAreBirdy

Beta member
Do you guys think it's possible? If you had the Windows 8.1 activation files needed on your phone, could you let your phone act as a USB stick that you plug into your PC and allow it to install Windows 8.1 (or any) right from your mobile?

Last edited:
There aren't many Android devices out there that route their storage interface as a generic Mass Storage Device - they're usually all interfaced through MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) - which sucks btw - and doesn't really give the same functionality (or speed). I think even the SD cards are routed through MTP rather than simple Mass Storage.

Do you guys think it's possible? If you had the Windows 8.1 activation files needed on your phone, could you let your phone act as a USB stick that you plug into your PC and allow it to install Windows 8.1 (or any) right from your mobile?
Develop this theory further and I think you will get a Nobel Prize. But hurry, now everyone may do the same and You may stay late and will not get this highly wanted prize. :D

But that will be great tho, I have had issues like not having enough storage for my iso. I look at my iphone and be like you are supposed to be a smart phone! Smh hahaa

One of the 1st road blocks to using your phone in this manner would be the inability to boot from the ISO stored on the phone. You need to boot from the ISO in order to install the OS.

Back
Top Bottom